Graphics Card to Power Supply Issue

Aug 23, 2018
Hello, I'm installing a GeForce gtx 1070 and I'm trying to plug the other end of the pci-e cable into my power supply (corsair cx600m), but the clip/key on the pci-e cable isn't over the center pin. Instead it's off center in between the center and left pin. This causes me to have to push the clip/key to the right a little in order to get the clip/key to actually clip into the power supply. The pins themselves fit into the power supply just fine, it's just the clip being off center that causes the issue. My question is this: are the pins and my pc in general fine if I have to force the clip/key over to the right a little in order to get the pci-e cable completely plugged into the power supply?

Solution
Yes. Some cables are 8 pin on both ends, while others are 8 on one end and 6+2 on the other. If you've got the 6+2, then the 8 pin goes to the PSU and the 6+2 to the card. Only reason I asked is because there shouldn't be an issue unless you have it the wrong way round.

Edit, I see you updated your reply, as I thought, turn the cable around.

Yes. Some cables are 8 pin on both ends, while others are 8 on one end and 6+2 on the other. If you've got the 6+2, then the 8 pin goes to the PSU and the 6+2 to the card. Only reason I asked is because there shouldn't be an issue unless you have it the wrong way round.

Edit, I see you updated your reply, as I thought, turn the cable around.

Solution