[SOLVED] Graphics card won't fit into case

Feb 18, 2020
Building a friends pc, i'm almost done. The graphics card (rx vega 56) wont slide in fully. I can get the right side in but the left wont go in. The metal brackets on the left side of the graphics card seem to not allow it to be pushed all the way in. I wonder if this is a manufacturer issue for the case (nzxt 510i atx mid), perhaps the back panel is off.
If I have to find another case that's fine, just wondering if I can fix this without restarting with a new case

Graphics card: ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX vega 56
Thanks
RAnbbZX.jpg

PuNXGbM.jpg

0lKQ2fE.jpg

IpuYrNw.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Building a friends pc, i'm almost done. The graphics card (rx vega 56) wont slide in fully. I can get the right side in but the left wont go in. The metal brackets on the left side of the graphics card seem to not allow it to be pushed all the way in. I wonder if this is a manufacturer issue for the case (nzxt 510i atx mid), perhaps the back panel is off.
If I have to find another case that's fine, just wondering if I can fix this without restarting with a new case

Thanks
RAnbbZX.jpg

PuNXGbM.jpg

0lKQ2fE.jpg

IpuYrNw.jpg
SOLVED: Was a manufacturer issue with the case...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not entirely enough information to give you an answer.

Model of the rx vega 56 is important. Even if it is the reference model.

Chassis has a maximum GPU support length of 381mm which is quite generous. 325mm with a front radiator installed.

Feb 19, 2020
Bruh! You're doing it wrong. YIt looks like the GPU may be hitting the soundcard in the photos. Use the top slot closest to the CPU for a GPU, ALWAYS. The extra bit of PCB on the end there won't be hitting your sound card in slot 1.

zx128k

Reputable
The white clip looks to be blocking slot 1 and there is no screws holding the motherboard in place in the pictures.

Anyway if I had to guess slot 1 should be fine. Should really fix the motherboard in place with screws once the gpu is installed in slot one ( I put them in and tighten them fully afterwards). Picture of the motherboard the other way around.

12123309661l.JPG

Graphic card looks to be in the slot. Sometimes you have to use a little force (bend the metal near the two screw holes) to get the two screws installed. Just be careful and use good judgement. You are the only one that can tell if the graphic card is fully in the slot and the card is flush enough with the case to get the two screws installed.

Last edited:
You just need to play around with the fit of the front brackets a bit, I have had expansion cards not fit easily in cases, but after a bit of moving around and checking how they were inserted into the case they slid in. You have the standoffs on the motherboard and it's screwed in now correct?

SoldierWNoName

Commendable
Jan 4, 2020
Have you put the stand offs for the motherboard?
It seems the aren't in place, so and you press the card against the mobo, it moves a little.
And yeah, you should install in the 1st sloth, the 1st slot is usually the only one pcie x16

Feb 18, 2020

Thanks
RAnbbZX.jpg

PuNXGbM.jpg

0lKQ2fE.jpg

IpuYrNw.jpg
SOLVED: Was a manufacturer issue with the case, tried another case the same way and everything was fine. Thanks for all the suggestions

Solution