[SOLVED] Graphis Card upgrade as no longer supported

Apr 29, 2020
Hi I am unable to play most games nowadays as my graphic card is no longer supported and AMD aren't updating any more due to it being so old.

Within the next year I want to buy a whole brand new computer as this one is around 10 years old. At the moment am just wondering if I could get away with updating the graphics card but unsure which one would be compatible with my system and on a budget.

Here is my info I can find from dxdiag
Gigabyte Z68A-D3-B3
Intel Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUS), 3.6GHZ
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6719)

If you need anything else let me know

I don't have a lot of money to spend upgrading it at the moment. I mainly play Sims 4, WOW and Planet Zoo. All have been fine but the last year just noticed games are really slow and computer in general.

If anyone has any advice would be great
Thanks
TK2MMU3.png

TwP17YZ.png

Solution
That's the exact case I'm using. (y)
You're pretty much open as far as the card you choose. Just note that you're current CPU will limit it's performance until you upgrade the rest of your system.
There are several caveats that will need to be considered with upgrading that system.

We'll need to know the make/model of your power supply to know what your system can take. Which HD 6900 series card do you currently have? How big is the computer case? Can it support a full size card? What's the price range you are looking at?

Apr 29, 2020
The is Case ANTEC 900 BLACK GAMING CASE and graphic card
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6950 "Dual Fan Edition" 2048MB GDDR5
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 850W V2 High Performance '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply (CMPSU-850TXV2UK)

Thats what information I can find.