Green and pink pixel patches all over my screen?

Aniks

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
Good morning/afternoon/evening. I have come across a problem that I cannot solve and I need some help. You guys on here seem to know what you're talking about so.. this is the first place I came/am coming. Basically, here's what happened. The day before, I loaded up my Sims 2 game and it crashed. The next day, I opened google chrome as well as Bluestacks (an emulator), and these green and pink patches showed up on my screen. They flicker a lot as well. Here is a provided picture.
1.png

My display driver is a RADEON X700 PRO, and according to my computer it's ''working properly''.

Kian Palmer

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
The problem is most likely your graphics card, graphics driver, or monitor.

1. If possible, update your graphics drivers.
2. Dust the internals of your computer using a duster or compressed air. If you use a duster make sure that it is non-static.
3. If your motherboard or processor has integrated graphics, connect your monitor to the motherboard, not the graphics card, to determine if the problem was the graphics card.
4. If you have an extra monitor, try using that one to see if the problem was your monitor.

Kian Palmer

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

It is most likely the graphics card. As the GPU is heating up it is outputting those green and pink pixels.

Aniks

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014
That's weird.. I have a radeon graphic's card so I'm not sure why it isn't listed.. but there is also an integrated one, I just use the radeon one instead, or so i'm hoping

zoog18

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
Il give you my opinion on how you should go about this, first I would run furmark for around 10 min, after this check for artifacts, I would also make sure all your drivers are installed and up to date. After doing this, post what happens, and we'll go form there. And also, wanted to mention this, the Radeon X700 Pro is an ancient GPU, it goes back to 2005, it could very well be that it's dying, it's over 9 years old.

Aniks

Reputable
Jul 18, 2014

No matter what I click, it's saying "Could not switch to fullscreen mode, try another resolution."