Question Green Lines Across Screen

Oct 19, 2022
Hello everyone, sorry about the formatting I'm currently posting from my phone due to my computer being unusable.

So the other day I was playing phasmophobia when suddenly my screen went black, I tried restarting and it was still black, reset my CMOS but it was still black, tried unplugging my monitors and found that if I have only one monitor plugged in I do get to see my display however it's riddled with green lines and will intermittently have a horrible resolution of like 800x600

I initially assumed it was the graphics card so I tried cleaning any dust, I've tried replacing the PCIe cables with brand new ones, I've tried reseating the GPU in the motherboard slot and even tried the other slot in there to try and rule that out but still nothing.

I then started to think maybe it was an issue with drivers however I tried resetting my bios settings, uninstalling my driver's with DDU, When I tried reinstalling the drivers I tried new ones and old ones that have previously worked, I even tried a clean install of windows and still just green lines.

Then I got to thinking while I was in the bios menu I had no green lines or horrible resolution. Even while on a fresh install of windows I had no issues until the moment the drivers were installed.

Could this be an issue with my GPU? Could it possibly be the power supply or something else?

I'm a little lost here and any help would be appreciated as I don't have the money to buy a new GPU.

CPU: I7-8700K
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 4x8gb
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 2080TI Overclock edition
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 850w