Question Green lines on my screen , red lines after start-up boot , error 43 Nvidia !!

warriorbysand

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
Hello everyone

I have a serious problem , i was playing a game then suddenly the screen freezes and some green lines appears , i was force to restart my computer

then at startup boot some red lines appears verticaly then disappears

after windows logo loading the screen shows green lines verticaly prevent me to see clearly

what do i need to do guys ?? thank you

Hello everyone

I have a serious problem , i was playing a game then suddenly the screen freezes and some green lines appears , i was force to restart my computer

then at startup boot some red lines appears verticaly then disappears

after windows logo loading the screen shows green lines verticaly prevent me to see clearly

what do i need to do guys ?? thank you
That could be a sign of a failing GPU.....although I would power down....and reseat the GPU in the slot and also reseat the power connectors and try it again.

i did reseat the gpu but nothing's changed , the power connectors ? you mean to the gpu or the power supply ?
If the GPU has an external power connector I would reseat that....and if the power supply is modular I would reseat that end as well. However, as I said, green and red lines (to me at least) many times are the sign of a failing GPU. I recently had an RTX 2080 Ti start doing green lines and finally a green screen when it failed.

warriorbysand

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
yeah the gpu is failling ,

i tried to uninstall reinstall the graphic driver = (nothing)

disable the motherboard graphic card (i do not know how do you call it) = notthing

some sites recommands you to update your bios but i didn't try it yet (do you have any suggestions on this ??)

changes the pci-e slot 1 to slot 2 ( i need more information here)

"some sites recommands you to update your bios but i didn't try it yet (do you have any suggestions on this ??) "
I don't see this helping green and red lines.

"changes the pci-e slot 1 to slot 2 ( i need more information here) "
Yes you can try different slots....I forgot to mention this.

warriorbysand

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
I manage to get some improvements apparently the green lines are getting tune down a bit but i can see better the screen , now how much time do i have before this thing go out ??

here my system information :

Processor : intel core i7 4790k cpu 4.00 4001 mhz 4 core

motherboard : z97x gaming 7

graphic card : Nvidia geforce gtx 770

what do you recommend if i get the chance to buy a new graphic card ?

I manage to get some improvements apparently the green lines are getting tune down a bit but i can see better the screen , now how much time do i have before this thing go out ??

here my system information :

Processor : intel core i7 4790k cpu 4.00 4001 mhz 4 core

motherboard : z97x gaming 7

graphic card : Nvidia geforce gtx 770

what do you recommend if i get the chance to buy a new graphic card ?
As I said....I'm not 100% sure the card is on its way out....but in my experience...I would say that it is.

As far as how long?

My RTX 2080 Ti went from running good......to getting green artifacts....to a full green screen....to a black screen in one day.

warriorbysand

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
thank you jay!

i need your opinion about three things if you please :

1. why windows gives me this message https://ibb.co/0cYtPDV when i try to play a game while i have directx12 already installed ?

2. is it safe to work with the graphic card on the motherboard ??

3. if so (2) it is going to work fine if i run a game that was supposed to be running with nvidia gtx770 ??

(2) : plug the dvi cable to the graphic card on the motherboard

1.) I have no idea
2.) Most likely. Although what you wouldn't want happening...is if the GPU shorts. If the GPU shorts you risk putting too much current through the MB and damaging the MB. I tend to think your GPU isn't shorting now...but it could.
3.)I think the driver may "know" what GPU you are using....so I don't think it should matter.
4.)If the CPU has internal graphics you can do this and get a display. If it doesn't you won't get a display.

warriorbysand

Prominent
Mar 29, 2019
jay ! it seems that i was successful uninstalling the graphic driver but when i tried to reinstall in the middle of the processing windows pop-up a message in notification bar says : "force to reinstall the graphic driver" after the message the screen goes black with green lines for 30 sec then back again to normal and show the message again "force to reinstall... then black screen with green lines 30 sec and so on , it won't stop until i restart my computer then im back with the previous situation like nothing changed , any ideas ?? i tried to upload a video but my connection isn't good