Question Grey white lines and black screen ?

goga12

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
I am having a weird problem last night play battlefield 5 no problem then today I play the. Screen goes black and then white grey stripes then can see try to get image back but it doesn't and sometime it does.Its a Sapphire R570 nitro + and psu running it is 550 antec.have a video on my phone but don't know how to upload it also I use a VGA to HDMI converter, could that be the problem ?

goga12

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
Good day been having a weird problem with this gpu I bought of a used site.Beforr the problem was playing apex legends fine and other games then last week started with playing apex and bf5 screen flash up grey white lines then black screen then will press reset button and Wil power up and show windows then can surf the web no problem and can use normally.Updated to newest drivers already.The psu is old like 10 years can the card not be getting power it needs also last night just to see played men of war 2 and did the same in game for 6-10min.Felt the car and heatpipes was warm and backplate

Gpu is RX570 sapphire nitro+4gb

Looks like your GPU might be faulty, and it could also be a VRAM corruption issue, but I hate to jump on conclusions this soon. What is the GPU TEMP value while gaming, since you wrote that it got too hot as well ?

Make/brand and Model number of your 10 year OLD PSU ? Was the GPU exhibiting the same behavior from the time you bought it second hand/used ? Who knows the seller might have sold you a faulty card, and who knows the card was also used for Mining as well (just assuming here).

It could also be your PSU acting up weird lately. That PSU might be showing it's AGE as well.

goga12

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
I have a RX 570 sapphire nitro +4b
Psu 550w bronze antec
8gig rams
Fx8320

Problem started a few weeks back was playing BF5 and Apex the night before no problems then the next day try to play it then it loads and everything then into the game for like 2-3min then screen Wil flash blank then picture Wil come back then flash again grey white on bottom then blank and will keep doing that till I have to press reset button the. On windows everything fine can do light stuff but not game
.Some say can be psu not giving enough power but don't know any help please

goga12

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2014
The psu is an antec 80 plus bronze 550w.Bought it secondhand.Temps for gaming is in 60 even on low profile games.It was running fine for a month playing games no issues then just the one time it started doing it.