Question Greyed out 'Install' dialogue box in Microsoft Store (Fallout 76)

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
I claimed the free code for Fallout 76 on Prime Gaming yesterday. This is for the Microsoft Store version. Unfortunately I'm unable to install this on my PC as the dialogue box gets stuck on "Install", with the click box greyed out.

Screenshot-2024-04-17-094059.png

I have tried the Wsreset admin command, TroubleShoot App command, and 'Reset Microsoft Store'. Every other app seems to install and update with no problem.

I've also tried leaving it open for half an hour, and nothing changes. There's no network or other activity on Task Manager.

Any assistance would be welcome.

System:
Gigabyte Aero 5 XE4 notebook
i7-12700H
RTX3070Ti 8GB Mobile
Windows 11 Home (fully updated)
64GB RAM
1TB SSD (Gigabyte) C: 75% free space
2TB SSD (Crucial) D: 65% free space
Store app set to install on C:

Ralston18

Titan
All I can suggest is to doublecheck the URL involved. Just because Amazon and/or Microsoft etc. appeared in the pathname does not mean that that is the real website.

And I will add the caution to be very careful regarding "free" Amazon Prime anything.

My just arrived credit card bill has an $11 Amazon Music charge on it. Amazon Music being something that I would not have intentionally signed up for in any way or fashion.

Check your Amazon account.

Hopefully there will be other responding posts that will help.

1TB SSD (Gigabyte) C: 75% free space
2TB SSD (Crucial) D: 65% free space
Store app set to install on C:
How much free space do you have on C ,exactly.
If on the windows store it needs additional space for unpacking and installing then the free space might be borderline.
I'm saying this because the installed space on steam is 95Gb, used to be around 110Gb in previous versions.

NedSmelly

Prominent
Feb 11, 2024
How much free space do you have on C ,exactly.
If on the windows store it needs additional space for unpacking and installing then the free space might be borderline.
I'm saying this because the installed space on steam is 95Gb, used to be around 110Gb in previous versions.
717GB free.

I've been doing more troubleshooting in the background, and it appears there's issues related to Microsoft Game Services and Xbox app installations not being properly logged in to my Microsoft account. Xbox app is popping up with Error 0x80070426. Win11, Microsoft Store, and Office365 services are logged on though.

I'm going to give it another hour or so of effort, and will give up if no progress made. It's just a freebie as part of Amazon's promo for its new TV show, so no great loss in the grand scheme.

717GB free.

I've been doing more troubleshooting in the background, and it appears there's issues related to Microsoft Game Services and Xbox app installations not being properly logged in to my Microsoft account. Xbox app is popping up with Error 0x80070426. Win11, Microsoft Store, and Office365 services are logged on though.

I'm going to give it another hour or so of effort, and will give up if no progress made. It's just a freebie as part of Amazon's promo for its new TV show, so no great loss in the grand scheme.
Oh 75% free, not used, doh! Sorry, too early in the morning.