Grimoire website?

I really hate to start a flame war (which may be inevitable with this
topic) but I was wondering if there is a website with Grimoire info
since the last link I had seems to be dead.
I don't want to know what you think of Cleve or the game, so let's not
get crazy here, I am *actually* interested in this game and just want
to find some more info.
Thanks.

Big McLargehuge <nomore@spam.com> wrote in

> I really hate to start a flame war (which may be inevitable with this
> topic) but I was wondering if there is a website with Grimoire info
> since the last link I had seems to be dead.
> I don't want to know what you think of Cleve or the game, so let's not
> get crazy here, I am *actually* interested in this game and just want
> to find some more info.
> Thanks.

It will never happen.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"Big McLargehuge" <nomore@spam.com> wrote in message
> I really hate to start a flame war (which may be inevitable with this
> topic) but I was wondering if there is a website with Grimoire info
> since the last link I had seems to be dead.
> I don't want to know what you think of Cleve or the game, so let's not
> get crazy here, I am *actually* interested in this game and just want
> to find some more info.
> Thanks.

I asked the same question a while ago. This appears to be the current site
for it:
http://www.grimoiresystems.com/

Not a lot of info, it appears to be a new site. A "mid-2005" release date
is what is posted, beyond that - who knows.

--
Multiversal Mercenaries. You name it, we kill it. Any time, any reality.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:31:45 -0400, Big McLargehuge <nomore@spam.com>
wrote:

>I really hate to start a flame war (which may be inevitable with this
>topic) but I was wondering if there is a website with Grimoire info
>since the last link I had seems to be dead.
>I don't want to know what you think of Cleve or the game, so let's not
>get crazy here, I am *actually* interested in this game and just want
>to find some more info.
>Thanks.

No idea, but I think you have to let this one go. LIke Duke Nukem
Forever it's never gonna make it to your HDD.

Lynley

James Gassaway wrote:
> "Big McLargehuge" <nomore@spam.com> wrote in message
> > I really hate to start a flame war (which may be inevitable with
this
> > topic) but I was wondering if there is a website with Grimoire info
> > since the last link I had seems to be dead.
> > I don't want to know what you think of Cleve or the game, so let's
not
> > get crazy here, I am *actually* interested in this game and just
want
> > to find some more info.
> > Thanks.
>
> I asked the same question a while ago. This appears to be the
current site
> for it:
> http://www.grimoiresystems.com/
>
> Not a lot of info, it appears to be a new site. A "mid-2005" release
date
> is what is posted, beyond that - who knows.

The forums are definitely worth a look, though. A sad, sad collection
of Blakemore fans.

Laszlo

Big McLargehuge <nomore@spam.com> wrote:
>I really hate to start a flame war (which may be inevitable with this
>topic) but I was wondering if there is a website with Grimoire info
>since the last link I had seems to be dead.
>I don't want to know what you think of Cleve or the game, so let's not
>get crazy here, I am *actually* interested in this game and just want
>to find some more info.
>Thanks.

I can't wait until Grimoire comes out and I can warez it. I hope it has
some nice tactical combat!

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:

> The forums are definitely worth a look, though. A sad, sad collection
> of Blakemore fans.

Wasn't Cleve the large bearded suicide cult leader in the SWAT4 level which
featured the tenement full of heavily-armed bomb-making, er, suicidal
cultists?

"mr bernard langham" <notactually@spammenot.com> writes:

> Wasn't Cleve the large bearded suicide cult leader in the SWAT4 level which
> featured the tenement full of heavily-armed bomb-making,
^^^^^^^^^^^

It _must_ have been Cleve!

I kid... If it ever gets out the door (beta expected in June, this
year according to Cleve in the forums), I'm hoping Grimoire will be a
fun experience for those of us who look back on Wizardry 1-6 and the
original Bard's Tale franchise with fond nostalgia.

Nick

--
# sigmask (lambda deprecation version) 20041028 || feed this to a python
print ''.join([chr(ord(x)-1) for x in 'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=ojdlAwbshjti/psh?'])

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-04-15, mr bernard langham <notactually@spammenot.com> wrote:
> laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
>
>> The forums are definitely worth a look, though. A sad, sad collection
>> of Blakemore fans.
>
> Wasn't Cleve the large bearded suicide cult leader in the SWAT4 level which
> featured the tenement full of heavily-armed bomb-making, er, suicidal
> cultists?

He was featured in JA2 where he'd ask the mercenaries to invade
Canada. Pretty funny stuff.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-04-15, Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote:

> I kid... If it ever gets out the door (beta expected in June, this
> year according to Cleve in the forums), I'm hoping Grimoire will be a
> fun experience for those of us who look back on Wizardry 1-6 and the
> original Bard's Tale franchise with fond nostalgia.

I wouldn't look at it. He's an outspoken bigot and white
supremist. Some of his choice posts from earlier years would make
your stomach turn. I'm actually surprised some on-line news sites
even bother to give him coverage given his hateful political
leanings.

shadows wrote:
> On 2005-04-15, Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote:
>

>>I kid... If it ever gets out the door (beta expected in June, this
>>year according to Cleve in the forums), I'm hoping Grimoire will be a
>>fun experience for those of us who look back on Wizardry 1-6 and the
>>original Bard's Tale franchise with fond nostalgia.
>

> I wouldn't look at it. He's an outspoken bigot and white
> supremist. Some of his choice posts from earlier years would make
> your stomach turn. I'm actually surprised some on-line news sites
> even bother to give him coverage given his hateful political
> leanings.

Oh are you talking about how Cleve thinks the Mexicans are destroying
our country or is it the blacks? Perhaps it the bunker that he has in
Australia? Maybe it is his total disregard for anyone that doesn't see
it his way?

or could it be that Cleve is just another jackass who thinks he is the
best programmer in the world (tm) and can do no wrong (because his fans
love him and would die for him!)

"shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message
> On 2005-04-15, Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> wrote:
>
>> I kid... If it ever gets out the door (beta expected in June, this
>> year according to Cleve in the forums), I'm hoping Grimoire will be a
>> fun experience for those of us who look back on Wizardry 1-6 and the
>> original Bard's Tale franchise with fond nostalgia.
>
> I wouldn't look at it. He's an outspoken bigot and white
> supremist. Some of his choice posts from earlier years would make
> your stomach turn. I'm actually surprised some on-line news sites
> even bother to give him coverage given his hateful political
> leanings.

His biggest chearleader is an editor at RPGdot who also happens to be a
Jesus-freak.

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:

> I wouldn't look at it. He's an outspoken bigot and white
> supremist. Some of his choice posts from earlier years would make
> your stomach turn. I'm actually surprised some on-line news sites
> even bother to give him coverage given his hateful political
> leanings.

I'm well aware of his political leanings, having commented on them (in
this very newsgroup) back in the '90s. Don't forget that in addition
to his racism, he's also a homophobe, a Randroid, and thinks that if
you smoked so much as one joint in your whole life that you've
irrevocably damaged your brain:

Cleve: "I'm the ONLY person on Usenet NOT using drugs."

The man's a nutjob, but some of his stuff is comedy gold, even if it's
not intentional.

Still, I try not to base my purchases on the psychological issues of
the software developer. Unless he plans to contribute a portion of his
profits to political causes, I'll buy or not buy Grimoire based on its
own merits.

Nick

On 2005-04-15, Yrim Wroth <ituflgs@gield.com> wrote:

> "shadows" <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote in message

>> I wouldn't look at it. He's an outspoken bigot and white
>> supremist. Some of his choice posts from earlier years would make
>> your stomach turn. I'm actually surprised some on-line news sites
>> even bother to give him coverage given his hateful political
>> leanings.
>
> His biggest chearleader is an editor at RPGdot who also happens to be a
> Jesus-freak.

I didn't realize Cleve could be considered a "Jesus-freak." I
think he's closer to a Neo Nazi.

James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> writes:

> Oh are you talking about how Cleve thinks the Mexicans are destroying
> our country or is it the blacks?

You mean this thread?

http://tinyurl.com/ex4ew

I just can't take Cleve's politics/philosophy seriously, which is
another reason I'll check out Grimoire if it ever comes out. He's like
a caricature or something.

Nick

--

>> His biggest chearleader is an editor at RPGdot who also happens to be
>> a Jesus-freak.
>
> I didn't realize Cleve could be considered a "Jesus-freak." I
> think he's closer to a Neo Nazi.

He's talking about the RPGdot guy I am pretty sure, not Cleve.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Nick Vargish wrote:

> James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> writes:
>

>>Oh are you talking about how Cleve thinks the Mexicans are destroying
>>our country or is it the blacks?
>

> You mean this thread?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ex4ew
>
> I just can't take Cleve's politics/philosophy seriously, which is
> another reason I'll check out Grimoire if it ever comes out. He's like
> a caricature or something.

He is the Derek Smart (PhD) of the RPG world. He is quite the ass,
although stuff like this is comedy gold:

Cleve Nov 3 2003, 5:18 pm :
Again, if sixth generation hispanics and blacks infants raised by
whites in wealthy suburbs still score only 2-3 points above their
counterparts raised by their own bonobos and still get their asses
whipped by Koko time and time again on nearly everything except the 3D
shape manipulations, where my friend is the magic contagious cultural
gas that spreads intelligence wherever whitey's feet seem to be
planted? Is it possible they smoked but did not inhale?

More to the point, how come Asians seem to imbibe the magic "culture"
gases of "smart" irregardless of who or how they are raised, scoring
an average of 102-105 consistently whether they grow up in a Hong Kong
ghetto or downtown South Central? You go, girl!

>I didn't realize Cleve could be considered a "Jesus-freak." I
>think he's closer to a Neo Nazi.

My apologies; however, that you think that these two things cannot
intersect in rural America reveals you as horribly ignorant.

C//

nostromo

Thus spake Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org>, 15 Apr 2005 14:46:12
-0400, Anno Domini:

>James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> writes:
>
>> Oh are you talking about how Cleve thinks the Mexicans are destroying
>> our country or is it the blacks?
>
>You mean this thread?
>
>http://tinyurl.com/ex4ew
>
>I just can't take Cleve's politics/philosophy seriously, which is
>another reason I'll check out Grimoire if it ever comes out. He's like
>a caricature or something.
>
>Nick

Quoted:
---------
Pardon? Most people in the U.S. can come to grips with the fact they
are a mindless slave race of subhumans ruled by Zionist overlords who
control their military, media and money? Pardon? I don't think so. I
don't think they can come to grips with child-proof aspirin bottles,
much less their degraded conditions. Do Americans knows just how
domesticated and dehumanized they appear to be to other nations around
the world? It would seem the Talmudic contempt of the goyim may be
well justified - they appear to be nothing more or less than beasts
made by God in the image of "man" to serve Israel. Give 'em some beer,
a sports jersey and some mass entertainment and they are more placid
and conforming than any farmer ever dreamed of the denizens of his
stockyard.

The majority of Americans I've known in the past twenty years have not
even read a book, newspaper or periodical since graduating from
indoctrination camp. Most of them believe professional wrestling is
real and the majority derive all of their important ideas about the
world around them from watching old episodes of Star Trek and
Gilligan's Island. I don't think "moron" really covers it well. Koko
the sign language gorilla is a moron technically speaking ... the real
question about Americans is ... do their frontal lobes have any kind
of discernible electrical activity? I can't see any evidence of it so
I'll have to take it on faith they are not debased manlike hominids
conditioned to perform simple crude tasks on demand, like vomit up
platitudes. "Go USA! My country right or wrong!"

Americans remind me of "Bud" in DAWN OF THE LIVING DEAD. Essentially
animals, neoconservatives have proven they can be trained to do many
humanlike tricks given incentives like raw flesh to eat. You would
never want to let them off their chain but they can serve as amusement
with their primitive imitative behaviours.

"Bud, I want you to hold this rifle and march towards the Iraqis,
that's a good boy, Bud, you patrol this area until I get back and I'll
give you a nice snack. Good boy, Bud! Aren't you a clever boy!"
-----------

An an Aussie, I gotta say, this is farkin funny! >8^D

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

"Nostromo" <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in message
> Thus spake Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org>, 15 Apr 2005 14:46:12
> -0400, Anno Domini:

[snip]

> Americans remind me of "Bud" in DAWN OF THE LIVING DEAD.

[snip]

Hey! "Bub" (not "Bud") was in "Day of the Dead,"
not "Dawn of the Dead."

nostromo

Thus spake Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org>, 15 Apr 2005 14:41:41
-0400, Anno Domini:

>shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> writes:
>
>> I wouldn't look at it. He's an outspoken bigot and white
>> supremist. Some of his choice posts from earlier years would make
>> your stomach turn. I'm actually surprised some on-line news sites
>> even bother to give him coverage given his hateful political
>> leanings.
>
>I'm well aware of his political leanings, having commented on them (in
>this very newsgroup) back in the '90s. Don't forget that in addition
>to his racism, he's also a homophobe, a Randroid, and thinks that if
>you smoked so much as one joint in your whole life that you've
>irrevocably damaged your brain:
>
>Cleve: "I'm the ONLY person on Usenet NOT using drugs."
>
>The man's a nutjob, but some of his stuff is comedy gold, even if it's
>not intentional.
>
>Still, I try not to base my purchases on the psychological issues of
>the software developer. Unless he plans to contribute a portion of his
>profits to political causes, I'll buy or not buy Grimoire based on its
>own merits.
>
>Nick

Just out of interest Nick: did you buy Redneck Rampage? >;-) *duck*

--

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> writes:

> Just out of interest Nick: did you buy Redneck Rampage? >;-) *duck*

I did not buy it on its own merits. :^)

Nick

--

Bateau <Gamera@work.stomping.aza> once tried to test me with:

> Big McLargehuge <nomore@spam.com> wrote:
>>I really hate to start a flame war (which may be inevitable with this
>>topic) but I was wondering if there is a website with Grimoire info
>>since the last link I had seems to be dead.
>>I don't want to know what you think of Cleve or the game, so let's not
>>get crazy here, I am *actually* interested in this game and just want
>>to find some more info.
>>Thanks.
>
> I can't wait until Grimoire comes out and I can warez it. I hope it has
> some nice tactical combat!

I think Grimoire is going to use Starforce. ;P

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"DocScorpio" <DocScorpio@stupra-spammeros.com> once tried to test me with:

>> Americans remind me of "Bud" in DAWN OF THE LIVING DEAD.
>
> [snip]
>
> Hey! "Bub" (not "Bud") was in "Day of the Dead,"
> not "Dawn of the Dead."

I can handle bigotry and anti-Americanism. But when people can't get the
names of classic films right, that chaps my hide.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Nick Vargish <nav+posts@bandersnatch.org> once tried to test me with:

> Cleve: "I'm the ONLY person on Usenet NOT using drugs."

No wonder Thrasher is so in love with Cleve. ;p

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.