Group Policy Client service has failed the sign-in Windows 8.1 Pro

Forgetfull

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
I went to log in on my secondary drive that I have my games, movies,music etc on and now I'm getting that error I mentioned above. I have tried everything to fix it but I have yet to find a way to fix the windows issue on the secondary drive. My main drive is a Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series 128Gig and my secondary drive is a Western Digital 1TB Black series. I also tried to run the repair tools threw my Windows 8 CD but it told me that the drive was locked and it couldn't so I'm know turning to everyone here on how to fix the problem with out the need to reload the OS on the secondary drive . Both accounts on the hard drives are an administrator with the guest account off along with both having two different passwords on the drives. So how can I go about getting this problem fixed without the need to take drastic steps. Also by the way I can still access the files on the other drive the my primary SSD drive but I can log into the drive itself due to the error I'm getting.

Solution
Hi
Did you have any WIn 8 installed on the WD 1TB prior installing win 8.1 on SSD ?
Also did you Add any Password for locking the folders ?

I assume Yes and now the New Win 8.1 does not have permission to acces the old OS files - simply you new Accaunt is not listed in security group ......
The simple way to fix this :
- boot you PC with Hirens Boot CD
- load WinXP PE - boot Live CD or loading OS from DVD / USB
- if i`m right and you dont have any extra Folder Passwords you can acces you WD drive
- make new folder - OLD_FILES f.e.
- simply COPY/PASTE ALL data in this folder - f.e. OLD_FILES
the hardest way is to Inherited the permissions from the old OS to new one - you have to google this is too long to explayn ......

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished
Hi
Did you have any WIn 8 installed on the WD 1TB prior installing win 8.1 on SSD ?
Also did you Add any Password for locking the folders ?

I assume Yes and now the New Win 8.1 does not have permission to acces the old OS files - simply you new Accaunt is not listed in security group ......
The simple way to fix this :
- boot you PC with Hirens Boot CD
- load WinXP PE - boot Live CD or loading OS from DVD / USB
- if i`m right and you dont have any extra Folder Passwords you can acces you WD drive
- make new folder - OLD_FILES f.e.
- simply COPY/PASTE ALL data in this folder - f.e. OLD_FILES
the hardest way is to Inherited the permissions from the old OS to new one - you have to google this is too long to explayn ......

Solution