[SOLVED] GSX 1200 external sound card

kanon82

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
Hi, I have an external GSX 1200 sound card that I use with Game One headphones, in Windows I can set them both 7.1 and stereo .. I put 7.1 .. on the card in the various touch options, there is to go from 2.0 to 7.1, I think both surround virtualization between on and off, and already here the first question .. what is the use of setting in Windows to 7.1?
second question .. in games where in the settings they have the setting, stereo, 5.1 and 7.1 .. should I put 7.1? Or is there some sort of conflict with virtualization? Thank you

Solution
Your headphones are 2.0.
Setting anything beside 2.0/2.1 in windows will just reduce sound quality.
You can try virtual surround and see how it sounds.

5.1/7.1/7.2 are surround options to use with multi speaker set ups. For a realistic surround experience.
Your headphones are 2.0.

5.1/7.1/7.2 are surround options to use with multi speaker set ups. For a realistic surround experience.

Solution

kanon82

Honorable
Dec 26, 2016
Your headphones are 2.0.

yes I know that they are 2.0 like most of the headphones in the world .. but from what I read and here I was asking for confirmation .. when using virtualization you have to put in Windows 7.1 .. but my question is then I have to set it also in game?