Discussion GT-BE98 Pro

iceystreeeet

Commendable
Mar 28, 2022
I am having issues with my new BE98 Pro, It is having issues with connecting to my provider on the 10 GB WAN and 2.5 GB WAN ports. I am seeing this is a common issue have had the router less then 30 days should i return it or keep it? Other issues going on reboots cause the network not to connect and right now my whole network is down had to go out the front door and not my garage this morning. Been six years since i went out the front door. DCHP error message pops up has issues connecting etc. I am reading everywhere that ASUS is really not doing anything with the Pro firmware?

That is a extremely expensive router and you would expect it to work almost flawlessly. Then again it is wifi7 which is very new.

If it is like most asus routers it should have pretty good logs telling you what is going down.

How fast is your internet connection and what kind of port does the ISP modem have.

You need to be using a cat6a patch cable espeically for 10g.

iceystreeeet

Commendable
Mar 28, 2022
I have an GT AXE 16000, I bought the wifi 7 because i wanted to have the latest. Go figure less then 30 days it bricked and had issues. The main issue was the dropping on the wifi and the ports were having issues as well. Merlin was not even ready. Asus needs to do better.

I normally buy Ubiquiti, but even for commercial small business grade hardware, they have firmware issues as well when products are new. When I got the WIfi 6 access point, it had occasional dropouts that required a manual reboot. It was like that for months until they got it sorted out. Now it's been rock solid for years.

iceystreeeet

Commendable
Mar 28, 2022
I normally buy Ubiquiti, but even for commercial small business grade hardware, they have firmware issues as well when products are new. When I got the WIfi 6 access point, it had occasional dropouts that required a manual reboot. It was like that for months until they got it sorted out. Now it's been rock solid for years.
yeah i would buy them but not ready for that level yet. I have used Asus routers top of the line since ROG started coming out. This had to have been the worst release in years.