Gta 5 crashing my pc?

Dev_wolf

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
So I have a newly built gaming pc (built it myself) I can run skyrim spec edition and other high end games but when it comes to gta 5 I can play for 3 hours sometimes and then it crashes (whole pc just shuts down) and then if I try again it plays and I get bsod and I'm on windows 10 I do have it dual booting win 7 will be a tempting on win 7 to see if it's a win 10 error or not

SPECS:
CPU: AMD Fx 8150
GPU: MSI NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
RAM:16GB DDR3
650W PSU CROSAIR OR CM I KNOW IT'S A BRONZE PSU (YES IK crap CHOICE FOR PSU)

I WILL UPDATE ONCE TESTED ON WINDOWS 7

Solution

1) Can you "verify" the game (verify local content.. in Steam or other)

2) Can downclock both GPU and the video memory to 90% of what it was. Use MSI Afterburner (or whatever the proper MSI tool is) then change the BASECLOCK to about 90% for both GPU and for the memory.

*You can have instability even if the game isn't fully loaded. I got crashes in Witcher 3 after tweaking my GPU settings even though it was at 60FPS (VSYNC ON) at 70degC and roughly 85% load.

3) Memtest86 (run a full pass, approx. 1 hour per 16GB, or until errors) to test your DDR3 memory
- www.memtest86.com
- USB or DVD
- change BIOS boot order if needed, or in BIOS just point to the USB stick (quick load list)

Not sure what else to...

Dev_wolf

Commendable
Jan 9, 2017
Hm yah sitting idle with specy Antivirus and steam its at 19-23 soon as I launch gta 5 the temp jumps to 30 (I have applied and re applied the thermal paste I use artic silver 5) and I also have a cooler master heat sing like the big fat square one that is pretty long I'm not near my boxes as I'm at a buddy's it's also pretty warm in room I mean I'm sweating just sitting here my mobo says Max temp was at 128 wich would basically insta fry it so ik that is wrong but I'm watching Temps via specy ad there at 35 - 45 and graphics card is currently at 36.

Anything I can do? I guess 40-50 is a pretty safe range and it seems to be staying there it also only happens in gta 5 I played 10 hours of skyrim last night no issues

Some games are more demanding though, so it could indicate your GPU is on the verge of instability.

I ran the voltage/frequency thing in EVGA and all games were stable but Witcher 3 would freeze. I set the card back to default and had no issues.

Some games can have a tendency towards crashing though I've not done so in GTA 5 myself. It did used to have a memory leak though causing issues.

So...I'd say:
1) game corrupted, or
2) game just has occasional issues, or
3) GPU unstable under heavy load

Will check and see if any GTA5 crash issues.

1) Can you "verify" the game (verify local content.. in Steam or other)

2) Can downclock both GPU and the video memory to 90% of what it was. Use MSI Afterburner (or whatever the proper MSI tool is) then change the BASECLOCK to about 90% for both GPU and for the memory.

*You can have instability even if the game isn't fully loaded. I got crashes in Witcher 3 after tweaking my GPU settings even though it was at 60FPS (VSYNC ON) at 70degC and roughly 85% load.

3) Memtest86 (run a full pass, approx. 1 hour per 16GB, or until errors) to test your DDR3 memory
- www.memtest86.com
- USB or DVD
- change BIOS boot order if needed, or in BIOS just point to the USB stick (quick load list)

Not sure what else to recommend at this point.

Solution