gta v 0% gpu

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2019
Specs
i7 7700
Geforce GTX 1070Ti hybrid
2x XPG 8gb DDR4 Ram
120SSD
Asus H110p motherboard
Corsair H60 CPU Cooler
Basically my rig should be able to run everything at ultra settings, and it does but my CPU will go up to 100% and GPU will be between 1 and 0 %
Monitor is connected to my GPU
Integrated Graphics is on for my secondary monitor through VGA which i dont use to run the game.
GTA V will not use any GPU and completely overload my CPU and have not found a fix
Every other game will work fine on my GPU and CPU

Solution
Where is it you think the frames you are getting are coming from? Do you really thing 1% of your gpu is feeding 50 fps? So that means it could do 5000?

It's a bug with the engine in gtav not working with your monitoring software.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
If your cpu is at close to 100% a rtx Titan won't add a single frame. You need something that will overlay the cpu speed while stuttering and also show temps while you're still in game. You do not have a gpu problem. Your GPU is bottlnecked by your cpu in that game for some reason. Until you check to see if your cpu is slowing down in game when the stutters happen we can't see what the next step is. Also monitor gpu temps before you load the game vs during the game. 3% usage wouldn't raise the temp any at all

Jan 19, 2019

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Okay one more screwy thig to try if you haven't already done... Go into bios and enable xmp for your ram. Some people say it'll show actual GPU usage and sometimes add a lot of frames by doing so. Makes no sense but there seems to be some sort of bug if you don't

Jan 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.