GTA V exceeded video memory limits.

Nathan_61

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I have a gaming rig with an R7 370 Gaming Edition with 4GB of VRAM on GTA V it only says that I am using 2GB (the game auto adjusted) but I randomly started noticing that after about 1 or 2 hours of gameplay I would see small drops for a few seconds, I was fine with that until they started happening back to back. Now whenever I go to the settings it says that my video memory has exceeded its limit. But I'm only using 2GB out of 4. And when I go in the setting and change the refresh rate from 50 to 60. The games crashes.

Solution
I figured it out guys, I was running the game at compatability mode running Windows 8, I don't know how or why but when I unticked that option game runs fine.
The only way to know real time VRAM usage is to run a tool like MSI Afterburner while gaming and set it to show usage data onscreen while playing.

The VRAM usage indicator you see in the game menu is just a rough estimate. Your VRAM usage in game could be spiking high, depending on graphics settings you're using.

Nathan_61

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I figured it out guys, I was running the game at compatability mode running Windows 8, I don't know how or why but when I unticked that option game runs fine.

Solution