Gtalk Users Hit by Phishing Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
I find phishing quite interesting.

Where normally, an issue is usually a fault of the developer, and a group exploiting a mistake of the developer. In this case, everyone is at fault. The user needs to make the mistake of trusting a site or link.

I really get an issues with my computer, and perhaps it's because I don't easily fall for phishing attempts.

imabug

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004
this isn't any different from all the other phishing schemes out there that come through my email or other IM protocols. Why should anyone be any more annoyed by one that comes through GTalk than through any other channel?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]imabug[/nom]this isn't any different from all the other phishing schemes out there that come through my email or other IM protocols. Why should anyone be any more annoyed by one that comes through GTalk than through any other channel?[/citation]
Because they used an exploit allowing them to send the phishing sites from people on their contacts lists.

Not that I'd click it anyway.

G

This is now happening with another url kind of obvious now that i read it fastforwarded.com. I'm an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS