Question Gtx 1050 displaying error 43

Jul 20, 2024
I'm 16 and lack knowledge on these kinds of things, i have an acer nitro 5 AN515-54, with a 1050, after i took out the fans to clean them and booted back up the laptop, it displayed error 43, I would just like some general help or confirmation that its a hardware and not a software issue

kKKObx6.png

K2hdwpp.png

suLkIrD.png

Reliability Monitor kept saying failed windows update, uncertain if this is relevant to the issue, any help is appreciated

Jul 20, 2024
When you took out the fans did you also remove the GPU heatsink? Are you sure the fans got plugged back in.

Was the laptop having issues before you cleaned the fans?
When ever i turn on my laptop, the fans are always spinning so i would assume they were plugged back in, and i did remove the heatsink off the gpu momentarily , and the laptop was showing slight frame drops, nothing drastic just not as fast as when i first got it, research keeps leading to error 43 commonly being hardware but im uncertain as the card was fine before, nothing looks out of ordinary on the motherboard so im uncertain

i did remove the heatsink off the gpu momentarily ,
I think you just pointed to your hardware error.

You most likely over heated the GPU because when you broke the bond of the heatsink from the GPU now the thermal paste lost it's contact and by using the laptop after I bet the GPU roasted.

When you lifted the GPU cooler at that point it needed new thermal paste.

If this was on my bench I would try to reflow the solder between the GPU and motherboard.

NOT a job for everyone and YOU CAN DO MORE damage if you don't know how to do it properly.

Your best bet is to take it to a shop and let them know you removed the GPU heatsink without new thermal paste.

Keep the part out some quack on the internet said to reflow the GPU. If there a good shop THEY will figure that part out.

If you tell them it needs to be reflowed most likely you will be billed and still won't be fixed or even worked on.