Hello,i`ll start by listing my pc specs:
-Asus Dual OC Gtx 1060 6GB
-Ryzen 5 2600x stock cooler
B350 Tomahawk
3200 MHz 2x8gb Ram CL16
SSD 240gb,HDD 1TB
Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze, ATX12V, 520W power supply
Big case with 5 vents and above decent but not insane cable management

Now,my issue is regarding OC. I tried overclocking my GPU first with +200/600 in MSI Afterburner but it insta crashed pubg,so i went lower with +150/500 and everything was fine for like 2hours.
Max temps were 70*C when i bumped settings with gpu utilisation 98-99% and 65*c with lower settings with 85-93% utilisation.
After 2 hours,Pc crashed,monitor stopped,and i could not power down the PC,even with holding the power button,i had to plug out the damm cable to get the job done.

Is it because of the GPU overclock itself or the PSU is the culprit?
Is it safe to try to tweak the overclock or to never touch it again?
The computer is almost brand new,2months-ish old

Solution
Yeah sounds like thats not a stable overclock.

Rather than just jumping to high overclocks, better to work upwards until you find the point of instability, then dial it back.

As yours is factory OC'ed your headroom is not going to be as much as a standard card.

Try 135 /500, with the power target maxed out. Then monitor what speeds you are seeing it boost up to when gaming, most 1060s will boost up to 1950-2050 with an overclock.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Yeah sounds like thats not a stable overclock.

Rather than just jumping to high overclocks, better to work upwards until you find the point of instability, then dial it back.

As yours is factory OC'ed your headroom is not going to be as much as a standard card.

Try 135 /500, with the power target maxed out. Then monitor what speeds you are seeing it boost up to when gaming, most 1060s will boost up to 1950-2050 with an overclock.

Solution