GTX 1070 Laptop vs RTX 3050 Laptop

Sensivityy

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, i have This laptop..

Acer Predator G9-593 - This laptop have 3 FANS, so temptatures are very GOOD while playing games...
Specs:
32 GB RAM DDR4
i7 7700HQ
SSD 1: Samsung EVO 870 500GB M.2
SSD 2. Samsung EVO 980 1TB M.2
GeForce GTX 1070 Overclocked (+170clock + 200 memory) - 8 GB memory WITH 120W (full power of desktop GTX 1070) in benchmark test i got score better than desktop gtx 1070.. :oops:.. i did benchmark my laptop, and i got score equivalent to RTX 2070 max Q...

Temps with overclocking while gaming are 70-75c MAXIMUM... ( This laptop have really good body for temptature..)
This is Predator where i got in all games 200-300 FPS without problem.. But i have only 75 Hz display.
are worth buying laptop because have 144hz display?

laptop
i7 9300H procesor, and
RTX 3050 75 W .. Or RTX 2060 //
16GB RAM
144Hz display..

here is question .. i dont want worse laptop than i have now.. so what about this laptop? - RTX 3050 75W + i7 9300H, Better than MY LAPTOP? OR NO?

Thanks..

Last edited:

Sensivityy

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
A complete waste of money, hold onto your current machine and upgrade to something much better when you are able.
Thanks for info man !

Btw What do you think? Are better in gaming performance ( better FPS) my GTX 1070 8GB 120W + Overclocked 170mhz+ core... OR RTX 2060 laptop or 3050 laptop?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Fun fact, GTX1070 mobile is actually a bigger GPU than the desktop version (2048 cores vs 1920). Just runs typically at a lower clock speed, but you can and have tweaked that.

RTX 3050 mobile is essentially the same class of GPU, also 2048 cores. Higher memory bandwidth and the Ray tracing cores. So they would be roughly the same.

Same with the RTX2060, 1920 cores, same memory bandwidth as the 3050.

Gain a bit of power efficiency, but that is about it.

Thanks for info man !

Btw What do you think? Are better in gaming performance ( better FPS) my GTX 1070 8GB 120W + Overclocked 170mhz+ core... OR RTX 2060 laptop or 3050 laptop?
It's quite difficult to judge, my expectation would be that the 1070 you have will probably perform best in the older games. However some of the more modern ones will probably perform a little better on the new cards. Red Dead Redemption 2 for example, though I guess not new at this point, did perform better on the newer architectures, so I would expect both the 2060 and 3050 to perform better in that title.

I think all of them are going to perform within a similar ballpark, with them trading blows depending on the game your playing. That's assuming you don't use features like DLSS though. With that enabled the newer cards can pull away significantly but with a penalty in image quality.

The bottom line is, in raw performance terms, these are really a side grade over what you have, the laptop you mentioned also had a 4 core/8 thread 9300H, which is basicly the same chip as what you have but under a different name with a slight improvement in efficiency. The newer more demanding titles these days really want at least 6 cores. So even if the GPU were a big improvement, it would still be a pointless upgrade.

Sensivityy

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
It's quite difficult to judge, my expectation would be that the 1070 you have will probably perform best in the older games. However some of the more modern ones will probably perform a little better on the new cards. Red Dead Redemption 2 for example, though I guess not new at this point, did perform better on the newer architectures, so I would expect both the 2060 and 3050 to perform better in that title.

I think all of them are going to perform within a similar ballpark, with them trading blows depending on the game your playing. That's assuming you don't use features like DLSS though. With that enabled the newer cards can pull away significantly but with a penalty in image quality.

The bottom line is, in raw performance terms, these are really a side grade over what you have, the laptop you mentioned also had a 4 core/8 thread 9300H, which is basicly the same chip as what you have but under a different name with a slight improvement in efficiency. The newer more demanding titles these days really want at least 6 cores. So even if the GPU were a big improvement, it would still be a pointless upgrade.
yeah, thanks for info man :), question is what is for you " older games"... 2014-2021? ?? Thanks

yeah, thanks for info man :), question is what is for you " older games"... 2014-2021? ?? Thanks
That sort of range, things older than 3 or 4 years. RD2 is actually quite old I guess now at 2018 but it still performs better on the newer cards. Cyberpunk performs a lot better on the newer cards as well but it's going to be pretty punishing on any of those GPU's and a 4 core CPU at that clock rate isn't really up to the job.

For me it's not so much whether or not the other laptop is better, it's whether it's a worthwhile upgrade, and I would say as an all round package it's not. I'm not sure when you bought your current machine, but if it was near launch, then that's lasted a long time. The other laptop won't last very long at all because it's already at it's limit both in CPU and GPU terms.

Sensivityy

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2014
That sort of range, things older than 3 or 4 years. RD2 is actually quite old I guess now at 2018 but it still performs better on the newer cards. Cyberpunk performs a lot better on the newer cards as well but it's going to be pretty punishing on any of those GPU's and a 4 core CPU at that clock rate isn't really up to the job.

For me it's not so much whether or not the other laptop is better, it's whether it's a worthwhile upgrade, and I would say as an all round package it's not. I'm not sure when you bought your current machine, but if it was near launch, then that's lasted a long time. The other laptop won't last very long at all because it's already at it's limit both in CPU and GPU terms.
Thanks, but am playing all games on LOW Setting, because goal for me is better FPS, not good quality in game....

i have on Cyberpunk on LOW Setting 100FPS, on Max setting i have 50-60FPS stable..

RTX 3050 preform this better? Or rtx 2060? because am playing all games on low setting..

Thanks, but am playing all games on LOW Setting, because goal for me is better FPS, not good quality in game....

i have on Cyberpunk on LOW Setting 100FPS, on Max setting i have 50-60FPS stable..

RTX 3050 preform this better? Or rtx 2060? because am playing all games on low setting..
If your asking will you get better FPS if you continue to play games like Cyberpunk on low settings. I would still say that is a complete waste of time without a better CPU. The minimum CPU upgrade I would be looking for from your machine would be something like the AMD 5600H or Intel 11600H.