Gtx 1080 with 1080p monitor

Stephen_88

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
so i am currently building a pc with a gtx 1080 but since i forgot about a monitor i no longer have the money to afford anything other than a 1080p 60hz monitor. How bad of a performance should i expect will i see a lot of tearing or should i be fine for the most part. and also just in case i find a way to make extra cash should i go with a 1080p 144hz monitor or a 1440p 60hz monitor they are both $195

Solution
I, too, have a 1080 and am currently using a monitor with similar refresh and resolution. If you can wait it out for something in the resolution and refresh you want, I'd do that; however, if you must buy a new monitor, the higher refresh will be much smoother for you despite the lower resolution. I don't have any issues with my monitor and it's probably 10 years old.
I, too, have a 1080 and am currently using a monitor with similar refresh and resolution. If you can wait it out for something in the resolution and refresh you want, I'd do that; however, if you must buy a new monitor, the higher refresh will be much smoother for you despite the lower resolution. I don't have any issues with my monitor and it's probably 10 years old.

Solution