[SOLVED] GTX 1650 laptop /terrible FPS in AC games

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Mar 3, 2020
So I have bought a Asus fx705DT laptop with gtx1650 4gb card and ryzen5 3550 cpu, in every AAA game so far the fps is what is should be including the witcher3 where I get 60fps on high at 1080p, or FarCry5 or reddeadredemption2 is pretty fine too , and so on. The fps is pretty decent, lowering-increasig graphics/resolution does affect fps. However that's not the case when I try to play Ac unity or Ac origins, both games running terribly with massive fps drops. even drops below 30 fps, not even in menus have 60fps lol sometimes, the graphics settings/resolution doesn't improve a single fps in these two games! I can play on 720p with literally full low, settings, I get the excat same fps like on high settings in 1080p. I have checked discussions , requesting certain changes in nvidia controlpanel-inspector etc, I have done all those, everything on max performance including my power settings, they have zero impact on the fps in these cases no improvement at all, I am playing while plugged in ofc. I assume something is surely wrong here, as I have seen a review from a guy who bought this laptop and gets 60 fps in Unity with high settings in 1080p for instance, so it probably can't be CPU bottleneck right? I am clueless what can be the problem at this point, thanks for the help in advance.

Solution
AC: Unity was and pretty sure is still poorly optimized.

As for the FPS dips I'd check a few things...

-You say it's plugged in but what power settings are you using?
-What speed is the memory running in the BIOS? AMD Ryzen performs better with fast memory and I think with the Ryzen laptops they usually put in 2666 however if DOCP (ASUS version of XMP) isn't enabled then it's going to run at 2133 which will affect gaming performance and FPS dips.
-Monitor temps, while laptop parts can thermally run a bit higher then there desktop counterparts they could still be getting high enough were thermal throttling could be affected.

Since lowering the graphic settings/resolution had little impact on the FPS then the CPU is the culprit. The...

TRENDING THREADS