[SOLVED] GTX 1660 high temperature when running Witcher 3 on maximum settings.

Aug 17, 2019
My Gpu goes from 77c to 87-90c after about 10 minutes of play time. Is this normal and is there anything i need to watch out for?

Aug 17, 2019
What is your ambient temp?

Is vsync enabled?

I'd try to keep that GPU under 83C to avoid thermal throttling.
Its about 27c outside and maybe 29c inside, i notice it always stay at 60fps because thats the maximum fps witcher 3 setting allow and vsync is on. Even rightt now when im browsing and have steam and discord open ot stay at 54c with 100% fanspeed going.

WildCard999

Titan
Its about 27c outside and maybe 29c inside, i notice it always stay at 60fps because thats the maximum fps witcher 3 setting allow and vsync is on.
So yea, 29C is pretty warm. If the system is messy then you may want to clean up some of the cables to improve airflow or at the very least run the system (while gaming) with the side cover off. This would improve temps but you would need to clean it out more often as there would be more dust buildup.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019
So yea, 29C is pretty warm. If the system is messy then you may want to clean up some of the cables to improve airflow or at the very least run the system (while gaming) with the side cover off. This would improve temps but you would need to clean it out more often as there would be more dust buildup.
This system is brand new so i dont think dust is the problem. My case is the 1stplayer x2 so its pretty concealed (cant find another word to describe it)

rochismo

Commendable
Aug 12, 2019
I have the same GPU, specifically the MSI Gaming X. It does get pretty warm, but it's also because i overclock the CPU And it gets pretty hot in the case, plus it's summer and my case doesn't really have that much airflow. I would recommend you check both temperatures at the same time both of your GPU and CPU.

Aug 17, 2019
I have the same GPU, specifically the MSI Gaming X. It does get pretty warm, but it's also because i overclock the CPU And it gets pretty hot in the case, plus it's summer and my case doesn't really have that much airflow. I would recommend you check both temperatures at the same time both of your GPU and CPU.
my cpu stay at 61c and im not overclocking anything

TRENDING THREADS