[SOLVED] GTX 1660 Super + NZXT 410 Compatibility Question

arbelbit1234

Prominent
Nov 18, 2018
Hi,
Looking to get the Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Super, and I currently have an NZXT Phantom 410 case + Asus Z370 Plus Gaming motherboard.

I'm not sure if the 1660 will physically fit in the case, I know the Phantom 410 accepts cards up to 305mm long and the 1660 is 243mm long, but pcpartpicker says:
"The NZXT Phantom 410 ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 305mm long, but video cards over 230mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card is 243mm long, some drive bays may not be usable. The NZXT Phantom 410 ATX Mid Tower Case hard drive bays are positioned where some of the bays may be physically blocked when using longer video cards. "

does anyone have any personal experience with running the 1660 with this specific case? I would love to hear some first hand experience before making my purchase.

If this is not the correct thread to post in\ I have made a technical error in my explanation please let me know, I'm not a professional and I haven't been doing builds for almost 2 years. :)

Solution
Move the fan to that bottom mount.

I don't own a NZXT 410 so I can't measure the available length like you can. I can only go off of what NZXTs website says:
305mm long w/o cage fan
280mm w/ cage fan installed

You've got options.
1446994882_IMG_551927.jpg

So. Do you need the extra 4 drive bays, or are the bottom two enough?

arbelbit1234

Prominent
Nov 18, 2018
1446994882_IMG_551927.jpg

So. Do you need the extra 4 drive bays, or are the bottom two enough?
Hi, thanks for the very detailed image. I currently have 2 drives in the upper drive bays, however I can move them to the bottom, so the answer is yes. however, It doesn't look like the card is interfering with the drive bays, so why are they an issue? please correct me if I missed something.

arbelbit1234

Prominent
Nov 18, 2018
The card in that picture is short enough not to interfere with the drive bay. That's not a 1660Ti. Since the mobo is a P67 chipset, that's a Sandy Bridge era system (2011ish) so it's probably a GTX 500 series GPU.
Oh, I understand the picture is just used for reference. so I could move the current drives to the bottom, but what about that fan sitting to the right of the card? one of my fans is also positioned in the same spot. moving it to the top is not an option but it appears that theres room for a fan at the bottom, to the right of the power supply?
Also, are you certain that the 1660 super will interfere with the drive bays? or are you assuming that it will based on specs?

Move the fan to that bottom mount.

I don't own a NZXT 410 so I can't measure the available length like you can. I can only go off of what NZXTs website says:
305mm long w/o cage fan
280mm w/ cage fan installed

You've got options.

Solution