[SOLVED] gtx 1660 temprature 80 C

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
My gigabyte gtx 1660 graphics card reach 80 C while playing overwatch and listening to music.Is it okk??
also one of the card's fans do a strange noise when it's heat is over 70 , should i worry about that ???

Solution
Unfortunately its not Gigabyte alone on that, any brand using NVIDIA's basic cooling design they are in the HOT side in the Summer time.
ASUS this is the only exception because this changed direction within 2019 by introducing better cooling systems.
Good example: GTX 1660 Super MINI OC

My gigabyte gtx 1660 graphics card reach 80 C while playing overwatch and listening to music.Is it okk??
also one of the card's fans do a strange noise when it's heat is over 70 , should i worry about that ???
Remove the side cover for a test if there is any improvement.

kiriakos-gr

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
www.ittsb.eu
Unfortunately its not Gigabyte alone on that, any brand using NVIDIA's basic cooling design they are in the HOT side in the Summer time.
ASUS this is the only exception because this changed direction within 2019 by introducing better cooling systems.

Reactions: mitsstag
Solution

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020

i ve already removed the side panel and it has a little improvment thanks for your help

TRENDING THREADS