GTX 260 to Toshiba Theaterwide DVI

tippythop

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I need a bit of help connecting my EVGA GTX 260 to my Toshiba Theaterwide HD via DVI. Ok so the cable I am running between both is originally a vga male vga male. So I had to buy a DVI-D adapter for the TV side connection and I am using a DVI-I adapter running to my computer. I figured just plug and play but that wasnt the case as soon as I booted the computer it was a no go with no picture. I have the tv input on DVI. Any help would be appreciated.

wayneepalmer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Check your TV settings for things like "input" selection for what channel you are using - as I discovered a couple weeks ago some manufacturers recommend a specific input port for pc's.

My Sharp has 4 hdmi's and a bunch of other types but they send you to the first HDMI port (input #4) for pc usage and TRUST ME...it won't work otherwise.

I think I'd also get the correct DVI cable - they're cheap. You can get them on Newegg in lengths up to like 50 feet.

Also, you will need to match resolution settings between the PC and the TV.

I imagine you still have another monitor and that gpu likely has 2 output ports. I'd put my old monitor back on it to set things up and have the pc "discover" the TV as a second monitor and get it displaying properly before I went solo with the TV.

Patience is a virtue here as setting up these things will make you invent new curses from time to time.

Good luck!