coreydmorton

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
I've always been satisfied with 16x anistropic filtering. That is of course, until i found Texture Filtering LODbias -3.0!!! It looks fantastic! I never realised how unfiltered far away textures were until i tryed -3 LODbias. Of course though, there's ALWAYS a catch. It introduces a large amount of aliasing! I turned up AA to 32xcsaa with 8x sparse grid super sampling, but the result is still very aliased at 1920x1080. The game in question is "The Last Remnant." I love the effect of the -3 LOD but it introduces too much aliasing. Is there a way to bump up my anistropic filtering from 16x to 32x? I'm almost positive this would give the same effect without all the aliasing. So my question really is, is there a program that can force 32x AF? I know it's possible because i know some people with ATI cards have done it. Anyway..... that's about it. Also i'm not sure if this is in the right section.... or even the right site considering it's a HARDWARE site haha. But i would really like some help on this :)