GTX 770 not performing very well.

Lotharian

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Alright, here is the skinny, I just built my brother a computer.

Here are the parts, via newegg wishlist:

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=23489326

Now, here is the problem. It isn't running games very well. He only has Battlefield 4 installed, and I know this card should absolutely destroy it at 1080p with everything maxed, but its barely running on low.

He found his way into Windows 8 WEI, and it lists his gpu as a 5.9.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe for some reason, the game is running on integrated graphics, but that should be impossible because the hdmi is being run through the gpu and not the motherboard.

Any idea on what could be going on?

Solution
Okay, the problem is solved. It turns out, when they hooked up all the wires in the room, one of them had put the hdmi in the motherboard. This was figured out when my brother brought in another monitor (he can't get into the bios when it's hooked up to his TV) and noticed the HDMI was not in the gpu where it was supposed to be. Switched it out, and everything runs perfect now.

Thanks for the help, guys!

I

Lotharian

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I installed the 337.50 Beta driver, which is the latest driver available, and it said everything was installed correctly.

Device manager lists both the Nvidia and Integrated graphics. He ran a benchmark test on Systemrequirementslab, and it listed the 770 as his graphics. I don't know if that's reliable in showing which one the computer is utilizing, though.

PsychSC2

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Try reinstalling the driver after rebooting your computer, make sure that you download the latest drivers from nVidia's website. If this still does not work, the only option to isolate the problem is to try the GPU with another computer and once it does not have any issues with another computer, that means there might be an issue with the PCI Express slot that you have. There are lots of possibility for this.

You may also try to lowering the settings to check some improvements after restarting your computer.

Lotharian

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Okay, the problem is solved. It turns out, when they hooked up all the wires in the room, one of them had put the hdmi in the motherboard. This was figured out when my brother brought in another monitor (he can't get into the bios when it's hooked up to his TV) and noticed the HDMI was not in the gpu where it was supposed to be. Switched it out, and everything runs perfect now.

Thanks for the help, guys!

I

Solution