GTX 780 Run 2 Montiors on HDMI??

Anguish

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
Could a GTX 780 run 2 monitors on HDMI, looking at the GTX 780 it only has 1 HDMI port, would I be able to use a HDMI splitter here.

So could I have 1 input HDMI cable running from the computer into the splitter and then 2 output HDMI cables running from the splitter into the 2 monitors?

Solution
Yes the GTX 780 will work with 2 monitors, you might as well just use both the DVI connectors since only thing really better about HDMI is the fact that it also does audio. Chances are good if your using a 780 card then your not using audio out of the monitor. :)

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
I don't think so. Unless you want identical displays on the two monitors (not two different images). The HDMI output would just register one monitor. Are there no other cable options like DVI, Displayport or VGA on the monitors? You could try and use a converter/adapter between two connections (For example Display port on the 780 and use an adapter to turn it to a VGA for the monitor.)

Geef

Distinguished
Yes the GTX 780 will work with 2 monitors, you might as well just use both the DVI connectors since only thing really better about HDMI is the fact that it also does audio. Chances are good if your using a 780 card then your not using audio out of the monitor. :)

Solution