GTX 950 vs GTX 750 Ti Is it worth the extra money

Patrick_19

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
Currently trying to build together a build for Fallout 4. I'm mainly a csgo player though. Just wondering is it worth putting in the extra money for the 950 with 2gb made by palit (about 128 pounds on amazon (around 181 euro i live in ireland)). Or should i go for the 750 Ti manufactured by gigabyte with 4gb vram with OC and 2 fans for around 114 pounds on amazon (160 eur).

I currently have a radeon 5770 1 gb in my desktop however its missing the fan as it used to be OC and watercooled so Im looking for a new graphic cards. Also getting a new case in about a week with a side mounted fan for the graphic card so if the card stays cool enough and manages to run fallout 4 i might wait until upgrading.

Im also looking to buy a new monitor with a 144Hz display so whichever graphic card is going to be able to handle that on a 1920x1080 monitor.

TL;DR Is the extra money 20 euro worth getting the 950 when considering that the 750 Ti has more vram and is more power efficient

The GTX750 seems a little strange. 4GB is a lot of ram for a 128 bit video card, I'm not sure what use it would be. This is normally found on 256 bit cards like GTX 980. The GTX750 series claim to fame is as the fastest card that doesn't require a separate power cable. Sometimes this is important, either by saving the price of a PSU, or where none is available like compact desktops. I don't know about the GTX 950, sometimes it's just support for a newer version of DirectX, sometimes it's a new design. I'd say go to Nvidia's website and see what they say. There is a Video Card Heirarchy Chart here, and a Best Graphic Card For The Money monthly article here also. You might be able to do better if your PSU has the extra 6 and/or 8 pin cable.

For GPU's the recommendation is ALWAYS get the best GPU you can't quite afford. GPUS become obsolete by far faster than any part of the system. Top-of-the-line is only decent in a year or so, tolerable in another year, and in serious need of replacement after that.

The GTX 750ti does have quite a bit of overclocking marking available. I've gotten mine over 10% better in synthetic benchmarks and real games, and that is true of all of the generally stock Maxwell GPUs.
Overclocked to the max, it will nearly reach the performance of the next card in the line. That's how NVidia has positioned their products, to make a spectrum from a Stock 750 up to an overclocked GTX980ti with every spot in between 'covered' by a card.

TRENDING THREADS