Question GTX 970 driver causing mouse lag

blasteuyt

Commendable
Nov 18, 2018
Hey guys. I just finished a new build of mine and decided for once I was going to use new parts. Now the only old part I have left is my gtx 970 and my drives. The drives I know for a fact are alright. I just set up the pc and everything works perfectly. Installed all the mobo drivers and then when I install the Nvidia drivers my mouse feels heavy and it stutters when I move it. When I go to control panel and remove the newly installed driver it goes back to normal. It does this both with the GeForce app and with the official drivers on the Asus website (I have a 4gb asus 970 strix) could anyone help me out?

Lutfij

Titan
What were the specs to your build prior to the upgrade? What are the specs to your build at this moment of time? You should provide your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Peripherals:

we should be seeing two sets, one for before and one for after. Include the age of the PSU if it's being recycled and the age of the drives.

As for your build, did you reinstall your OS? Speaking of OS, if you're on Windows 10 you should recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools before reinstalling your OS. You're advised to use the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site.

blasteuyt

Commendable
Nov 18, 2018
What were the specs to your build prior to the upgrade? What are the specs to your build at this moment of time? You should provide your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Peripherals:

we should be seeing two sets, one for before and one for after. Include the age of the PSU if it's being recycled and the age of the drives.

As for your build, did you reinstall your OS? Speaking of OS, if you're on Windows 10 you should recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools before reinstalling your OS. You're advised to use the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site.
My new specs are as followed
CPU: Intel i3 10100f
Motherboard: MSI MAG torpedo z590
Ram: Corsair vengance 3200
Ssd/HDD: I have multiple. 3 ssds. Kingston a400, kingston 80gb old drive I don't use but has no bad sectors. And an Intel 120gb SSD. I then have a m.2 and a 1tb HDD
GPU: Asus strix 970
PSU: gigabyte 700 watt semi modular (bought only a couple months ago)
Case: cooler master masterbox nr600
Peripherals: standard Logitech office keyboard, hyper X headphones but haven't plugged them in yet and a Logitech g203 mouse

The old pc was like this
Cpu: intel Xeon x5660
Motherboard: gigabyte ud5 x58
Ram: mis matched ram but triple channel at 2133 speed
Ssd/HDD same exact as above but I wiped them all before I installed a new os on them using my bootable windows 10 drive
GPU: gtx 970
PSU: same gigabyte 700 watt semi modular PSU
Case, os and peripherals also all stay the same