Question GTX 970 Minimum, Maximum and Default Power Limits are Same?

rcgnetworks

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
My MSI GTX 970 Died few weeks ago and I sent it for repair to local shop. They repaired it and I received it today. So I stress tested it with bunch of benchmarking softwares including Heaven, Furmark. Then I realized my power limit hit the maximum of 100w. But I knew for a fact that this GTX 970 card hits more than that. So I troubleshoot this with GPU-Z and found out my NVIDIA Bios 's Power limits are all same and they were mentioned as 100w. So I need to know is this a hardware issue or a bios issue. Below is the screenshot of the issue. Any help regarding this would be much appreciated. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

gtx970powerlimit.png

rcgnetworks

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
Which power supply/PSU are you using ? List complete PC specs as well.

Thanks for replying.I use corsair RM-750 Power Supply. (750W)

PC Specs

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
RAM : 32.0 GB
Graphic Card : MSI GTX 970 4GB
Motherboard : MSI X470 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B79)

PSU and specs both look good. Okay, power limits aside, how does the card perform in benchmarks and games ? Did you flash this card's BIOS by any chance ?

I'm not fully sure why the power limits are same, but the power limit adjustment range is showing 0% to 0%.

rcgnetworks

Honorable
Mar 25, 2018
PSU and specs both look good. Okay, power limits aside, how does the card perform in benchmarks and games ? Did you flash this card's BIOS by any chance ?

I'm not fully sure why the power limits are same, but the power limit adjustment range is showing 0% to 0%.
No I did not flash bios. In furmark benchmark , card only hit half of the fps that it should be getting. Haven is also same.