Question GTX1050ti installed, but no signal on monitor

Apr 28, 2019
Hello, I need help regarding my new GPU which is a 'Galax GTX1050Ti 1ClickOC PCI-E 4G GDDR5 128Bit'. I installed my new GPU into my motherboard correctly (I do know how to install properly), all the power connections are GOOD, and cleaned the PC. After that I connected my PC to my monitor through VGA, I turned it on, afterwards It says 'No Signal'. I was confused and tried reconnecting it several times and nothing worked, once I removed it and reconnected my PC, everything ran fine. Any solutions will be appreciated.

http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-1clickoc.html

My computer specifications are the following:

CPU: Intel Celeron G1840
RAM: 4G 1333MHz DDR3 Avexir
MOBO: ECS H81H3-M4
HDD: 500G HGST SATA
PSU: ATX 700W
Monitor: LG Flatron 16EN33S-B

The computer is pre-built.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
you said you are connecting via vga. i can only assume that this means you are connecting your computer to the monitor via the port on the back of the motherboard, not on the back of the graphics card (since the gpu doesnt have a vga port) to get a signal output you need to plug your display cable into the back of the gpu and not the motherboard.

the display port for the motherboard will be towards the top of the computer case, you want to ignore that one and plug it into the one lower down, more central on the case!

Apr 28, 2019
you said you are connecting via vga. i can only assume that this means you are connecting your computer to the monitor via the port on the back of the motherboard, not on the back of the graphics card (since the gpu doesnt have a vga port) to get a signal output you need to plug your display cable into the back of the gpu and not the motherboard.

the display port for the motherboard will be towards the top of the computer case, you want to ignore that one and plug it into the one lower down, more central on the case!
So that means I have to connect a display cable from my motherboard to my GPU? I don't understand I'm confused

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
So that means I have to connect a display cable from my motherboard to my GPU? I don't understand I'm confused

no no no no! the display cable (I.E hdmi, vga, dvi, displayport, or what ever you are using) needs to go into your monitor on one end and into the GPU on the other end.

there are two ways a computer can make an image and display it to a monitor, one way is there is often a weak gpu that is built into the cpu (IGPU) which can be used incase there isnt a dedicated graphics card. and there is also a Graphics card (like what you have installed). the VGA socket on the motherboard is where the images from the IGPU are sent from. when the motherboard detects there is a dedicated GPU in the system it will disable the IGPU meaning the VGA slot on the motherboard will become redundant and wont do anything. the dedicated GPU will now be what creates the image meaning you have to plug that into the monitor.

i hope that makes sense lol, its hard to explain

Apr 28, 2019
no no no no! the display cable (I.E hdmi, vga, dvi, displayport, or what ever you are using) needs to go into your monitor on one end and into the GPU on the other end.

there are two ways a computer can make an image and display it to a monitor, one way is there is often a weak gpu that is built into the cpu (IGPU) which can be used incase there isnt a dedicated graphics card. and there is also a Graphics card (like what you have installed). the VGA socket on the motherboard is where the images from the IGPU are sent from. when the motherboard detects there is a dedicated GPU in the system it will disable the IGPU meaning the VGA slot on the motherboard will become redundant and wont do anything. the dedicated GPU will now be what creates the image meaning you have to plug that into the monitor.

Alright so i dont need to connect my VGA? only the dGPU?

Punga Pandit

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

is that work only after installed GPU drivers or even without it? plz reply
because my monitor is broken and want to use TV(bcs tv have hdmi port and mobo have only vga port) also i have not used GPU form many time so GPU is not installed