[SOLVED] GTX1050Ti stuck 90 seconds during MoBo boot; but after that, all OK ?

May 31, 2021
Hello guys,
I am upgrading from a GT610 to a GeForce GTX1050Ti by Inno3D, bought on Amazon Waehouse (i.e. used but guaranteed I think)
The system starts and gets immediately stuck for 90 seconds on the MB logo, with the HDD led on. After that, the system correctly keeps on loading win10 with all videos running. No problem in using the video card.
I updated the video card firmware and drivers from nvidia, and the MB firmware.
Obviously with the previous video card, the boot took just a couple of seconds.
What’s the problem according to you? How to check what the system tries to do in that 90 seconds, and how to solve this latency?
Asus Prime B450M-AII with latest firmware 3002 e pwr suppl. 500W
Inno3D GeForce GTX1050Ti
SSD NVMe Netac 250GB
many HDD disks SATA III

Superthanks for any clue you’r having!

Last edited:
Solution
It could be a problem in how Windows load the drivers. First of all, did you remove the previous GPU drivers before upgrading?

Try toggling the fast boot option in power settings and reinstalling your GPU drivers with DDU. You can also use sfc /scannow in the CMD for auto repair of system corrupted files.
May 18, 2021
It could be a problem in how Windows load the drivers. First of all, did you remove the previous GPU drivers before upgrading?

Try toggling the fast boot option in power settings and reinstalling your GPU drivers with DDU. You can also use sfc /scannow in the CMD for auto repair of system corrupted files.

Solution
May 31, 2021

Thank you for your answer JuanOlgomiec, I'll try this evening.
Do you think that the way windows loads the drivers can affect also the very beginning of the machine boot? The initial one when the motherboard logo is shawn?
Consider that the machine gets stuck in that moment, and if I press Del/F2 to enter the UEFI BIOS, I can enter there only after those 90 seconds of freeze.
After this phase windows starts quickly and correctly.

I'll let you know about your suggestion anyway later. Thank you!

Last edited: