Rig:
Intel i7 (forget the rest)
Asus motherboard
(2) 8gig DDR3 RAM
850w EVGA gold PSU
Asus Gtx1080 8gig
1Tb Toshiba hard-drive (as boot drive)
3TB baracuda hard-drive (as D drive)

Disclaimer, i am a noob to half building/upgrading (the only new stuff is the GPU, D-DRIVE, and PSU)
Problem: Everything works until i install the graphics card. I get no signal to the monitor, i cannot even access bios. (yes i am plugging the hdmi into the GPU). Even if I use the vga on the mother board i get no signal (from multiple monitors so it isn't the monitor). I also installed the new drivers before installimg the gpu so it isn't that either. I also tried setting the boot option to safe mode and restarting, also nothing. I'm starting to think the card is defective; unfortunately i do not have another rig to test that in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, bitte~

How many PCI-E x16 slots do you have on the motherboard? (You don't mention your motherboard model.) If there's another slot you could try that.

I do find it odd you installed the drivers before installing the graphics card though. Most people indicate when Windows doesn't detect a card the drivers refuse to install.

Breakinhorizon

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016

Breakinhorizon

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
It only has 1 pci-e x16 slot (sorry the gpu is currently covering the model type) and i installed the drivers first with the cd it came with because last time i tried installing a new gpu i had issues because the drivers weren't installed.

Solution

Breakinhorizon

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016