GTX480 / GTX470 Reviews and Discussion

Page 87 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RealityRush

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

There's a little thing called "implications" :p

Whether he did it intentionally (which allegedly he didn't, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt), or unintentionally, his post that I originally replied to seemed to imply more than what he flat out said, especially when you factor in the slight ATI bias he seems to have and the attitude with which he presents the argument (including the reference to "high and mighty". It (his post) seemed to imply that cards like the 5770 trash the 460 768MB just because they beat it at 2560 which is the only resolution TGGA seems to think is "high resolution" from what I've understood from his posts, not including the fact that most people that buy either card wont be running 2560x1680 res.

Now that is all just my perspective, and I could be totally wrong and everything I say could be invalid, and TGGA may not have meant that at all; however, the reason I continued to argue with him is because of how rude he was with his responses and I'm not going to tolerate his condescending attitude and childish insults. Which is why I continued to try to rebuttal his "implication" that 1920x1200 resolution isn't high resolution--even if it was a non-existant point in his mind--as I had to clear it up for other people who may have interpretted his comments as Minus_7 and I have.

@TGGA: If you stopped acting so condescending to people and such topics in general, maybe these arguments wouldn't continue :p, I never once insulted you, yet you continue to flame me. I'm not even arguing anything that is advanced knowledge that would boggle the mind, just what "high resolution" means, yet you take it as a personal afront to your intelligence.... I wonder how you would act if you weren't a moderator of these forums.

Also, can this thread be closed, as it provides no more useful information and is just full of people flaming one another now.....

Or another thing called misinterpretation and trying to ascribe things to people that weren't said and your own personal slants like;
* "especially when you factor in the slight ATI bias he seems to have"

* "and the attitude with which he presents the argument (including the reference to "high and mighty"."
(Which if you read the thread, like I said you should, was used by Psycho and Sabot, so once again you take umbrage with a refrence to discussions in the thread to which you seem oblivious.
Once again, read, digest, then resist the urge to post and then read again!

* "at 2560 which is the only resolution TGGA seems to think is "high resolution"
Once again, that's all you, in no place did I ever say it was limited to that, I also didn't say anything sucked at XYZ as if it was exclusive either. You take offense at the things I never said, nor even implied, just the things you both made up in your mind.
Do you think for one second, that I would limit myself to saying only 25x16 is High res? :pfff:

Now that is all just my perspective, and I could be totally wrong and everything I say could be invalid, and TGGA may not have meant that at all; however, the reason I continued to argue with him is because of how rude he was with his responses and I'm not going to tolerate his condescending attitude and childish insults.

Hmm, wonder if that had anything to do with you implying that I did the things you made up in your mind as a matter of course. In my first reply I was pretty clear that you were coming from left field to attack my statement 3 weeks later and saying I did what you now admit I didn't intentionally.

I never once insulted you..
Sure just implied that I was being underhanded in my actions on purpose. The difference is I didn't bother implying after that.

My original reply to you ( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/page-284770_33_2079.html#t2197840 ) still stands.
You didn't bother to read what I was replying to, and you didn't take the time to understand it and instead simply accuse me of some tactic, and then what you wrote was poorly researched even in the context of just what's here in front of you in the thread! [:bohleyk:5]

I wonder how you would act if you weren't a moderator of these forums.

Wouldn't change, and didn't when I became a mod, as anyone here long enough to remember that. Mouse didn't change much either, and ebeliev you me, I've been more tolerant in here with the BS than the Mods in other areas, so once again, anyone wanna go down that path instead of the real topic is simply barking up the wrong tree and trying to deflect their own issues.

Seriously, you see none of your own responsibility in the exchange you created 3 weeks after the fact, I know my role, it was reactionary, but you seem to think your misperception and attributions were justified and it's all me. :heink:
Now you want to close the thread because it adds nothing more to the conversation yet you came back 3 weeks later to question my motivation for posting that one-off reply to AMW?

Brilliant! :foudtag:

I'll be more than happy to delete everything from your comment onwards, since it adds little to the thread itself, but closing the thread is up to Random, and it's pretty lame for you to ask considering you're the one who bumped it with such a ridiculous post. :mmmfff:

RealityRush

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009

Seeing as this isn't going anywhere, I support this.

Minus_i7

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

Yeeessssss, because, when given the opportunity to provide examples illustrating whatever point it was you were trying to make, you went straight to the superlative to the exclusion of all those other 'high res with AA' examples that don't agree with your painfully biased viewpoint. It made at least two of us go: "Why would any completely rational and unbiased gpu expert provide us with such blatantly misappropriated graphs? ...I've got it!"

"I didn't mean only 2560x1600+ counts as high resolution, I was just giving a few examples that make me feel better about the green team having the best mid-range card right now so I can get some sleep at night," that's all you had to say. You didn't even need to include that last part because the rest of us just assume it anyway. Everything else with the jabs and the insults just stirs up conflict like some f***ing troll. You know, like I just did. :hello:

I also support the thread being closed. It's been months since the discussion had anything to do with the GTX 480, 470, or their reviews.

Cue emoticons.

AMW1011

Distinguished

Wow, so you just assumed there was nothing wrong with your comprehension of his points? Seems a bit arrogant and foolish to me.

I guess, as RR said, my implication is, that your an idiot.

Minus_i7

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009

When was the last time anyone assumed straight away that their own interpretation was wrong?

It's "you're," by the way. I am an idiot, I do not possess an idiot.

steddy

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010

Agreed. This argument is completely pointless, and this thread is way out of date.