Question GTX960 light?

fasafaf

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
Hello, when I'm turning off my pc there's a something lighting inside, I have a gtx960 asus so I guess it's a warning or something? also how do I turn it off?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Many devices inside of a computer have lights that indicate they are receiving standby power (5v). Modern electronics do not 'turn off' unless unplugged. They are always waiting for a power on signal to turn on the higher voltages, but consume a small amount of electricity at all times when plugged in.

I suspect the motherboard more than a GPU, but it is possible. There are many variants of the GTX960.

If you want to stop power draw and lights, I suggest a power strip that you can turn off. Preferably one with a surge suppressor if you don't already have one.

fasafaf

Reputable
Jun 22, 2016
Many devices inside of a computer have lights that indicate they are receiving standby power (5v). Modern electronics do not 'turn off' unless unplugged. They are always waiting for a power on signal to turn on the higher voltages, but consume a small amount of electricity at all times when plugged in.

I suspect the motherboard more than a GPU, but it is possible. There are many variants of the GTX960.

If you want to stop power draw and lights, I suggest a power strip that you can turn off. Preferably one with a surge suppressor if you don't already have one.

So at least it's not some kind of a warning right? Also, is there any program that I can download for my asus gtx960 like msi afterburner or something and turn the light from there if it's actually coming from the GPU

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Typical standby power LEDs will run directly off of incoming power, no logic or software behind them.

Probably not a way to turn it off unless it is an intended LED for display purposes. Light up logos and RGB can often be manipulated from the Nvidia control panel or vendor specific software.