GTX980 Ti G1 Overclocking

dsr07mm

Distinguished
Asic 74.6%, Samsung memory

I tried stock on 1080p it's amazing, although as always I wanna find max stable 24/7 clock for my card. I tried adding +100mhz on core while +87mV and +110 Power Limit and it looked pretty okayish. I got +6fps in Heaven and +9fps in Valley. In Firestrike I got better result (over 20k gpu score) but my card was throttlign from 1503mhz core all the way to 1468mhz in Firestrike.

What can I do about that ? It's EVGA SuperPower 850w G2 PSU so that shouldn't be a problem I guess. Am I that unlucky ?

Honestly 1500Mhz is on the upper end of average for Maxwell. What temperatures are you hitting? If you download GPU-z there should be a tab in monitoring called perfcap. It will tell you why your card is dropping a couple boost bins.

dsr07mm

Distinguished
Ok then I have one clear question.

Since I'm doing +139 on power limit (thats the number yes), and I'm not touching voltage (in any case there is throttling), at the moment I have

Core Voltage - 0
Power Limit - 139
Core Clock - +120
Memory Clock - +300

Temp is going between 60 and 64 in Valley and Heaven since I reduced my aggresive fan.

Heaven 101.7fps (+9.6fps comparing to stock)
22ktWr4.png

Valley 103.5fps (+11fps comparing to stock)
2OpZKiQ.png

The only problem which I have here is that my core clock from 1500mhz drops to 1486mhz during those benchmarks at one point. Should I leave and ignore that ? I mean overall result is there, can that harm my gpu in any way ? Other then that this looks solid to me.

TRENDING THREADS