UserBenchmarks: Game 67%, Desk 67%, Work 49%
CPU: AMD FX-8350 - 70.9%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 980-Ti - 73.4%
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II 240GB - 81.5%
HDD: WD Green 1TB (2009) - 56.2%
USB: Kingston DataTraveler 2.0 8GB - 6.8%
RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 C10 2x4GB - 45.1%
MBD: MSI 990FXA GAMING (MS-7893)

I decided to do some tests after playing Bioshock Infinite which is crashing after getting into the light house at the begining of the game. I've been playing Doom Eternal without any issues.
Every time I do a test with DirectX 9 my screen would turn into a solid color, or get stuck with whatever is showing, and it would also freeze completely with a stuttering noise most of the times. This doesn't happen with any other test such as DirectX 10, 11, or 12.
I tried a GTX 460 and ran the test and everything was fine. So I'm thinking it's a hardware issue but why would I room a more demaning game such as Doom Eternal without any issue?
Please help. I don't really wanna buy another video card.

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU as well as it's age.

You're on a platform that has since been considered to be nothing more than a room heater. No offence, but it should be retired. FYI, Userbenchmark isn't a true representation of your specs potential/ability.

djnavasv

Honorable
Mar 8, 2014
I can't find out what my PSU is at the moment but as I mentioned I've been running Doom Eternal, Doom, GTA V, with no issues whatsoever. It's also not overheating. Aside from that, if I wanted to buy another computer intead of trying to troubleshoot what the problem is I wouldn't be posting it here. I'd like to know what causes Direcx9 to freeze my whole PC.