Question Guidance to choice a recommendable manufacturer of laptops 2024

Manuel Jordan

Commendable
Apr 3, 2022
Hello friends

if you are able to buy a new laptop up to black Friday for two kind of final users:

• Basic: MS Office, Adobe Reader, Skype
  • Developer: Java, Linux, Git, IDEs, Jenkins, Docker

Question/Discussion

• What would be your first manufacturer to choice? Asus, HP, Lenovo, Dell?

And Why?. Of course based in your own experience and perhaps based in members of your family and co-workers

Thanks for your understanding

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to think of the problem in a different light, first you look at the minimum requirement for your app's games/tasks that you will be taxing your proposed laptop with, followed by taking those specs and looking for laptop brands that are offering said specs.

Once you've come to a shortlist of laptops that meet your software's requirements, you then fine tune it by looking for a laptop that is priced competitively with regards to your region, since not all laptop's will be priced the same around the world, in fact some regions will see prices higher due to availability.

Since the pandemic, brand loyalty doesn't mean much since almost all laptop brands have faltered and had pitfalls in their build quality and their support department.

Reactions: TeamRed2024

TeamRed2024

Proper
Aug 12, 2024
Since the pandemic, brand loyalty doesn't mean much since almost all laptop brands have faltered and had pitfalls in their build quality and their support department.

I went Alienware for 3 reasons... 1) I couldn't build it myself 2) I saw many positive comments on Dell's service that I hope I never have to use and 3) They have a no hassle return policy.

I actually tried #3 already... bought a 16" with a 4070 and didn't realize it was a mistake until I unboxed it. The 4070 is such a minimal increase over the 4060 I felt like I paid too much. I also paid Dell to upgrade the ram and storage when I should have done it myself.

So I boxed it up... sent it back... no questions asked refund... and ordered the 18" with 4080 (huge boost over the 4070) that also has 4x m.2 slots. I went with the bare minimum storage and ram and then upgraded it myself at a big discount. At 2560x1600 I didn't see a need to pay the 4090 premium either.

Been so long since I bought a prebuilt PC that I didn't realize the mistakes I made right away... but they have been corrected. Much happier now for my on the go computing.

TRENDING THREADS