Question Gushing sounds from my DeepCool 360mm AIO, is that normal ?

Jul 28, 2023
hi there,

i've had this DeepCool LT720 360mm AIO working on a 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700KF since about 6 months, very happy with the CPU power and cooling performance. Very low temps.

Disclaimer: before comments start flocking in about the AIO orientation, this is the only space possible in my Corsair 4000D case, that is with the AIO at the front, i know it's not the super uber optimal location but i cannot do anything about it unless i change case or chop it up :)

Not my PC but same 100% installation i have, my tubes are better spaced and laid down nicely.

ADKq_NbBhGuWm6Xn2hAb8SGQ0mGlxa61x1IHj-6MCcP6xbUfdRu-IvFF10YXcFQOU_L2AwWhN8UfVFXv3o1AXKlIXKtKbYfKJ1LVoEdHmVRWL2_TrMq1KgiWm047ayHOIizJWV26xg6lFp_Nv4aV-TKVCxcPK715cJaK=s0-d-e1-ft

Now, i've noticed that during heavy loads, or if i launch a CPU-Z CPU stress test after the PC has been idle for a while, there is this noise (https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/qhyr...test.mp4?rlkey=6psf086v4ihruoyb2j80td33m&dl=0 at 00:04). That's coming from the front, not anywhere near the CPU, i've tested it. DC support says they think the blade is "hitting something" but that's not the case.

Sunday i've removed the fans, dusted off the radiator (there was quite some dust inside), cleaned the fans and put back everything nicely again, without tightening too much.

I just wanted to ask if that's normal or not. According to chat GPT: "under heavy loads, the pump works harder and faster, which can cause any air in the system to move around more vigorously, leading to gushing or bubbling noises."

Lastly, it doesn't do it all the time, even if i re-run the CPU-Z stress test, seems to happen when the PC is idle for say 2 hours doing minimal work -> CPU-Z stress test.

Is that it and does compromise the functionality of the AIO long term? I don't mind this noises, just wanted to be sure it won't break eventually.

I can shake the PC every now and then that's not an issue.

thank you!
Gabrio

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
i know it's not the super uber optimal location but i cannot do anything about it unless i change case or chop it up :)
Or replace the case for one that has provision to mount your 360mm AIO at the top.

The noise is normal but what what you're experiencing is air being pushed through the pump chamber/cooling block. Over time, due to permeation, if the air in the loop is large enough it can cause pump cavitation. You should keep an eye on temps and in the event your temps sky rocket, you know why it happened. Hopefully you're under warranty period to RMA the AIO.

For your current state; Is it doable? Yes. Is it ideal? No.

Reactions: gabrio81
Jul 28, 2023
Cheers - to be completely honest when i've ordered it i thought this 4000D Case would fit everything in - turns out not.

Yes temps are great now and no issue whatsoever.

Jul 28, 2023
I've reversed the case a couple of times with the radiator "up" shaking it gently, perhaps that will help a bit. Anyhow maybe i will replace the case if i am in the mood of re-wiring the whole PC :)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Disclaimer: before comments start flocking in about the AIO orientation...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwA7ygTJn0

That position is fine. Some folks out there took Steve Burke's AIO positioning video out of context, or didn't watch the whole thing, and have been going off on repeat like broken records.
There is a caveat, but it is not a damaging one: that noise you hear is air collecting in that small chamber at the top of the rad. It may be annoying, but that's the only detriment.

Is the pump speed maxed out? There's been several other threads here complaining about loud pump noise from the Deepcool LT/LS units at full speed.

Reactions: gabrio81
Jul 28, 2023
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKwA7ygTJn0

That position is fine. Some folks out there took Steve Burke's AIO positioning video out of context, or didn't watch the whole thing, and have been going off on repeat like broken records.
There is a caveat, but it is not a damaging one: that noise you hear is air collecting in that small chamber at the top of the rad. It may be annoying, but that's the only detriment.

Is the pump speed maxed out? There's been several other threads here complaining about loud pump noise from the Deepcool LT/LS units at full speed.
indeed.

my AIO is absolutely fine, it's not noisy at full speed, apart from the fans at the front being loud, runs like clockwork also under stress test or heavy loads.