mekunekud

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
I am tempted to pick up one of these since it will be bundled with a HAF X and shave £10 off the price. I realise it won't be AS ggod as the TX or AX but will it suffice in powering an i7, 580 GTX and the full case?

mekunekud

Distinguished
May 27, 2011

So what would you recommend for a PSU? Have any opinions on XFX PSUs? There's a 'cheap' Silver80 one that seems rather good for the price. Supposedly made by Seasonic and sold under the XFX brand so surely it is a capable PSU.

Both jonnyguru and HW Secrets recommended against getting the model that ends in E3(Seventeam built), the GX series has significant issues with ripple above 50% load which can damage hardware. They are about the same price as units that are actually good which is quite disappointing as they are most certainly not good.
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=188

I havent seen any reviews of the new ones built by Enhance(ending in D3) but the fact that they didnt get sent out for reviews doesnt indicate that they made great improvement.

mekunekud

Distinguished
May 27, 2011

How about NZXT? They are one of those brands I see around but no idea if they are quality or not.

TheMaristBoy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011

In terms of reliability, how is it?