H100i v2 cooler not detected on Device manager windows 10 pro

Jul 5, 2018
Hello just upgraded to a i7-8700k, ASrock z370killer sli/ac, Corsair Vengenance lpx 16gb 3000mhz from a i7-4770k, ASUS ROG Maximus Hero vii, and hyperx 16gb 1600mhz. Everything went fine up until after installing windows I go to download Corsair link 4 (4.9.7.35) installed and restarted my computer and only things detected in Corsair link is mobo, cpu, gpu, and ram not my hard drive, ssd or cpu cooler but the fans and led on the cooler works and lights up I have the 3 pin plug plugged into CPU_FAN1 and the Corsair link 4 pin cable on USB_1_2. It also does not show up in device manager as well and in bios the only fan that is detected and reads rpms is chasis fan 2 the other 3 are N/A. Ive tried unplugging the fan on chasis fan 2 and switch it to all the other fan slots and it works and reads rpms. I’m really stumped with this one any help would be great.

Solution
It'll show up in Device Manager as UsbXp Driver, not necessarily as the cooler. The USB cable does need to be plugged in and, with all this back and forth, i'm not sure that you do have it plugged in.

If the pump doesn't have a SATA connection (as I'm not clear exactly with model of the H100 you have; there are several), then the fan header that it is connected to MUST be at full power/100% to supply the full 12V at all times. Failure to do this will result (not may, *will*) in all kinds of problems.

From there, Windows needs to detect the device on the USB channel. You'll need to make sure that you've installed the chipset drivers. You can use USBDeView from nirsoft to see a list of connected devices.
Jul 5, 2018

That’s what I thought as well so I looked at old pics of my previous build and I did have the Corsair link cable plugged into a USB header on my hero vii board so I unplugged the fan splitter On USB_1_2 plugged the 4 pin in and it made no difference. But what I’m wondering is shouldn’t the 3 pin on CPU_Fan1 read since it spins my 2 fans on my cooler?

Jul 5, 2018

I said fan splitter??????

Jul 5, 2018

I unplugged that to plug my 4 pin into the usb header that it was in because the Corsair link cable on the h100i v2 cooler is supposed to be plugged into the usb header and it did nothing?

Jul 5, 2018

Funny because I never implied I knew more than you seems like you’re just angry dude, I also did not say the fan splitter had anything to do with the h100i v2 not being recognized by windows I simply said I unplugged my fan splitter from my USB HEADER labeled USB_1_2 to plug in my four pin Corsair link cable since that is where it needs to go according to my h100i v2 manual and it had no effect. Don’t know how that’s implying I know more than you? Lol

Jul 5, 2018

Seems as if you misconstrued what I said about the USB HEADER and thought I mean the standard USB.

devbiker

Commendable
Dec 9, 2017
It'll show up in Device Manager as UsbXp Driver, not necessarily as the cooler. The USB cable does need to be plugged in and, with all this back and forth, i'm not sure that you do have it plugged in.

If the pump doesn't have a SATA connection (as I'm not clear exactly with model of the H100 you have; there are several), then the fan header that it is connected to MUST be at full power/100% to supply the full 12V at all times. Failure to do this will result (not may, *will*) in all kinds of problems.

From there, Windows needs to detect the device on the USB channel. You'll need to make sure that you've installed the chipset drivers. You can use USBDeView from nirsoft to see a list of connected devices.

Solution