Question H500 fan placement

Apr 25, 2019
i have a question. I have the h500 and my pc is too damn hot... it makes my room a baking oven. I would like to cool it down so that I don’t have to game with the door open. What fans would you recommend to put in the computer and where. I would prefer for them to be RGB so that they can light up my pc and I willing to spend around $30-40. Thank You

Hey man,

Just to make it clear, I'm not trying to make you look or sound stupid, but cooling your PC better will mean your room will be hotter.

Your computer won't produce less heat just because you add more fans or place them better. What that does is blow more hot air out of your computer, meaning the hot air will go into the room, making it hotter and not colder.

That being said, what is your current setup? What fans do you have where and do they exhaust air or take air in?

Apr 25, 2019
Hey man,

Just to make it clear, I'm not trying to make you look or sound stupid, but cooling your PC better will mean your room will be hotter.

Your computer won't produce less heat just because you add more fans or place them better. What that does is blow more hot air out of your computer, meaning the hot air will go into the room, making it hotter and not colder.

That being said, what is your current setup? What fans do you have where and do they exhaust air or take air in?
So I have an i7 8700k cooled by a dark rock 4 cooler, and I have an EVGA RTX 2060 single fan version. And the fans are placed exactly like the case is made with the default fans.

I guess you don't have much wiggle room. There's only a couple places where you can put fans.

Fan SupportFront: 2 x 120 / 2 x 140mm
Top: 1 x 120mm (1 Aer F120 Case Version included) / 1 x 140mm
Rear: 1 x 120mm (1 Aer F120 Case Version included)

So the top and rear are already populated. I take it you've also placed fans at the front of the case? The pre-installed fans are both 120mm.

Best case scenario, all 4 positions are populated with 140mm fans (except the rear one of course). I'm looking for fans with addressable RGB right now. A single Corsair 140mm fan will cost you 35 bucks.......

Apr 25, 2019
I guess you don't have much wiggle room. There's only a couple places where you can put fans.

Fan SupportFront: 2 x 120 / 2 x 140mm
Top: 1 x 120mm (1 Aer F120 Case Version included) / 1 x 140mm
Rear: 1 x 120mm (1 Aer F120 Case Version included)

So the top and rear are already populated. I take it you've also placed fans at the front of the case? The pre-installed fans are both 120mm.

Best case scenario, all 4 positions are populated with 140mm fans (except the rear one of course). I'm looking for fans with addressable RGB right now. A single Corsair 140mm fan will cost you 35 bucks.......
Thanks for the help!