[SOLVED] h500M and corsair H150i / questions about case

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Hi,

I'm thinking of changing my case for a Cooler master h500M.

I have a phanteks enthoo luxe and I'm looking for a case whoch would provide a better cooling to my system

However, I read that some aio 360 did not fit on the top, someone could tell me if a h150i corsair enters this case ? Also is it better to put it on the front (intake) or on the top (exhaust)

I have some Phanteks halo rgb frame on the fans of the aio, will they fit?

And last, what is required for the rgb of the 2x200 of the case?

Thanks for your help!

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Yeah I know it's supposed to work for 360 on the top but I read that depending of the AIO some people had issues.

My halos are indeed 120mm.

And is it better to put the AIO on the front or on the top?

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah I know it's supposed to work for 360 on the top but I read that depending of the AIO some people had issues.

My halos are indeed 120mm.

And is it better to put the AIO on the front or on the top?

definitely on the top. Your 2x 200mm fans at the front will be as intake and it'll bring a lot of airflow for your system. Your halo fans are going to be excahust and it's going on your radiator. So that your halo fans are pulling the fresh air through your radiator and then out of your case. Your fan at the back as well will be exchaust. Positive airflow.

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Hello,
I received and mounted a Cooler Master 500M.

I have some problems with, at least some questions.

1. I installed the master + software to manage the RGBs but how to make them work with Asus Aura? ASUS software does not recognize the fans

2. I would like to put a led strip inside but the tape I have does not work on the RGB controller. Likewise, I can not connect it to the RGB jacks of the case because when plugged in, an unpleasant sound is heard. Would you have led strip RGB to advise me? (not ARGB since the fans are on the ARGB socket and I would like a strip of led with a fixed color)

3. I had to mount the fans above the radiator otherwise it did not pass, they are exhausted but outside the tower. Will this affec negatively the performance? (view the photo)
1551292177-53478390-404267313661472-6967280721912135680-n.jpg

thank you

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Hello,
I received and mounted a Cooler Master 500M.

I have some problems with, at least some questions.

1. I installed the master + software to manage the RGBs but how to make them work with Asus Aura? ASUS software does not recognize the fans

2. I would like to put a led strip inside but the tape I have does not work on the RGB controller. Likewise, I can not connect it to the RGB jacks of the case because when plugged in, an unpleasant sound is heard. Would you have led strip RGB to advise me? (not ARGB since the fans are on the ARGB socket and I would like a strip of led with a fixed color)

3. I had to mount the fans above the radiator otherwise it did not pass, they are exhausted but outside the tower. Will this affec negatively the performance? (view the photo)
1551292177-53478390-404267313661472-6967280721912135680-n.jpg

thank you

1. use corsair link otherwise it won't work.

2. maybe it's hiting something?

3. Not really, sinceyour three 120mm fan at the front are giving it a lot of fresh air but this could also mean the heat from the gpu comes through the radiator.

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Managed to fix that in the bios.

no there is an issue with led strips so I went for those and looks nice :) : http://www.coolermaster.com/case/case-accessories/universal-led-strip-rgb/

I set up top fans to intake and my cpu temps are better too now that the air is goint through the radiator but maybe i'll redo it in exhaust to compare.

It just feel that the gpu is getting more hot than before on some games but maybe i wasn't checking it that much before but I suppose 72c on a 1080ti is not that bad ! the glass panel is just a bit hot after gaming i just hope it won't burst one day xD

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Managed to fix that in the bios.

no there is an issue with led strips so I went for those and looks nice :) : http://www.coolermaster.com/case/case-accessories/universal-led-strip-rgb/

I set up top fans to intake and my cpu temps are better too now that the air is goint through the radiator but maybe i'll redo it in exhaust to compare.

It just feel that the gpu is getting more hot than before on some games but maybe i wasn't checking it that much before but I suppose 72c on a 1080ti is not that bad ! the glass panel is just a bit hot after gaming i just hope it won't burst one day xD

72 isn't bad if you're overclocking it. your 140mm fan as exhaust will be enough to remove the heat.

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
well I changed back to exhaust but does not change anything.

The GPU is not overclocked but on most games it's more around 60 to 65c, only on some other the GPU gets hotter with fan curve max at 70%

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Oh, didn't even notice that you got the h500m black one. It got some problems but you should be fine anyways. That's why they realesed another version of it but inproved and as well in different colour.

Didn't see that you got halo frames, my bad. You should be able to control it if you're connected to the 12 volt header on your motherboard otherwise use different softwares (not corsair link). But you already fixed the problema via bios.

I know that you're not happy about your graphic card temp. What model is it? Are you playing tripple A games or maxing the hell of the settings without overclocking it which requires more 'juice'?

Asryan

Reputable
Feb 20, 2019
Tried both exhaust and intake does not change a lot...

The GPu is a 1080ti EVGA FTW3 and yeah, i'm playing like that ahah. On most game i'm around 60 to 70c but in The division 2 or Devil may cry 5 it hits 75c sometimes, I know it's nothing to worry about though

korv

Notable
Dec 26, 2018
Tried both exhaust and intake does not change a lot...

The GPu is a 1080ti EVGA FTW3 and yeah, i'm playing like that ahah. On most game i'm around 60 to 70c but in The division 2 or Devil may cry 5 it hits 75c sometimes, I know it's nothing to worry about though

Yup. As long they aren't going over 80 you should be fine.