master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
4d91b522553bd61e179ed0ab6cc639a4.jpg

It's been here already.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Im pretty certain zombies don't exist, not yet. But if this alleged hacked broad cast hoax takes place on a radio station near me, i'll make sure im prepared for the peopleocalypse it will cause, there's plenty out there.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Power grids, nuclear launches, and similar might need to be separated by air, no internet connections.
But,
Taking more care to protect systems is a must. A balance between always connected and never connected if unable to protect it properly.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

John McClane knows how F'd up something like that would be.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

GOD that movie SUUUUUUCKED!!!!!!!!!111 :fou:

Just returned from yesterday's screening of "A Good Day To Kill Hard A Good Franchise"..

The_Trutherizer

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
But I mean the real target is normal people. Mostly the ones who do not know better. I find it in poor taste that this is being done. I thought these attacks were supposed to be in protest against governments and big business.

Not cool. It's for the prank and nothing else.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]boju[/nom]Im pretty certain zombies don't exist, not yet. But if this alleged hacked broad cast hoax takes place on a radio station near me, i'll make sure im prepared for the peopleocalypse it will cause, there's plenty out there.[/citation]

yes and no on zombies existing... ever seen what happens in advanced case rabies victims, that is pretty much what some of the basics of zombies are based upon , granted they are amplified sensationalized and eating brains is not part of the symtoms, but violent behavior mania and violent tendencies/moptions is a part of it but once they die a few days/weeks later they stay dead so there is that part... but it does kill 50k+ people a year worldwide

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Rabies isn't nice there's been a few deaths here in Aus related to Bat bites.

Erratic behavior can also be caused by drugs, can probably call them zombies too, well yea they probably are the serious addicts. To be fair, the type of zombie used as a hoax discussed here is what you would probably see in games and movies.

When brains is on the menu...HEAD TO THE HILLS! argh probably not, mummas basement would probably have decent locks on it ;P

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
You think "rising from the graves" would be a dead give away. I personally would've went with a mutated rabies virus. As that is actually a possibility (no matter how unlikely it could happen).

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I work for an electric utility and our control network (The one that can remotely open\close every piece of automation in our system) is completely separate from the corporate network that is connected to the Internet. I thought this was a requirement, you know, to keep our electric grid safe from terrorists. Why on Earth are these other systems connected to the Internet?

In a way, we should be thankful that these pranking hackers did this in a less populated market and that the "warning" was so obviously false. Imagine the chaos if this happened in NYC about some new super-flu that is killing hundreds a day.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm really hoping that when the apocalypse happens, it is of the zombie variety. I already have a zombie preparedness plan that was jointly drawn up by many of my friends. My wife knows what to do and where to go if it happens. I have plenty of supplies (need to stock up on guns/ammo a bit more though). Unfortunately, I live in the center of a densely populated city so there is still a good chance that I die outright. Of course this means that I'm going to take any emergency broadcasts seriously until proven otherwise. If it is a false alarm, maybe I'll get a day off work for it.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
[citation][nom]catfishtx[/nom]I work for an electric utility and our control network (The one that can remotely open\close every piece of automation in our system) is completely separate from the corporate network that is connected to the Internet. I thought this was a requirement, you know, to keep our electric grid safe from terrorists. Why on Earth are these other systems connected to the Internet?[/citation]

Even that common-sense security measure isn't absolute. Governments, local and federal, want monitoring and oversight access for regulators and other agencies that might not want to reveal their activities. They don't even have to log their perusal of people's personal data anymore, why would they want to tell corporations anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.