Hackers Makes Modern Warfare 2 Ded. Server?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Well as far as I am concerned if IW had done their job correctly there would have been no need for hackers to hack a dedicated server. Where did IW get their business sense anyway? If you are going to make a game that spans across multiple platforms then you MUST cater to each one of those in the audience. They are your client's. If they do not like what you deliver they will go somewhere else and/or find something that is what they want.

So, IW you brought this on yourself. IF you had bothered to do your job right in the first place this would not have happened. You left the doors wide open for this to take place. You knew of the PC petition and you knew the PC gamer community was very unhappy and you still choose to ignore and blow them off. You have no-one to blame but yourselves. You can however make up for your lack of business sense by patching the game to give the PC community what they wanted in the first place: A CoD truly worthy of its predecessors.

soul555top

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2009
[citation][nom]yang[/nom]I don't think some of you guys understand. The whole point of the video is to prove that dedicated server was made by showing that they actually modified the gameplay of a match game. That doesn't mean they plan on restricting their dedicated server project to force every match to have super jump/infinite ammo/fast fire. Please don't jump to conclusions simply from one video.[/citation]

Yang nailed it. This is more of a "proving it can be done" video which shows obvious proof that it can. Playing with those settings can be fun, as long as everyone can do it, and for about 15 minutes before the novelty wears off. Just the fact that "hackers" or "programmers" are working hard and for free to make this game what it should be, is the real winner here. I am a huge supporter of purchasing pc games as opposed to pirating them, but for this game I will make an exception. Come on, they (IW) STILL haven't even thrown pc users a bone here...

eaze2009

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
i dont know why infinity wards dubs pc gamers as low-time gamers. i bet if they released a prestige edition for pc there would be 10x more purchasers than those of consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.