Had to reset cmos now computer will not display if 2 sticks of ram are in

stockstud32

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017
So I ordered a new cpu, turns out it isn’t supported by my motherboard. It was the right socket type. So I took out the cmos and reset the ram memory, directions on my motherboard said to hold a metal object up to the two pins to reset it. I do this and now it will only work with one stick of ram, switched out sticks , both ram stick work. But as soon as I put two in the recommended spots A2-B2 , the Dram LED comes on and the monitors can’t detect and display, tried using my graphics card and my motherboard still nothing.
Motherboard asus prime z-270a and geil rgb pc4-24000 ram 8gb sticks. Tried single stick in b2 no display. Single stick in a-1 it boots. Tried sticks in a-1 and b-1 no boot . Finally got it to work with a-1 and a-2 could I have shorted out slots for ram when I did the reset?

Solution
So I ordered a new cpu, turns out it isn’t supported by my motherboard. It was the right socket type.
That means you have to order either the new MB or the new CPU so that they will work. To clear the CMOS or move the RAM in other slot will not help.