HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Windows 10

andres_florio

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017
Hello, I've been stuck with this trouble for a while.
Since I formated my pc and installed Windows 10 pro from scratch, every time I start my pc after been powered down for at least 15 minutes, it restarts after reaching the blue Windows logo.
Checking BlueScreenView shows that I get a BSOD every time that happens (I never get to even see it). The error is called HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED involving hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe.
I've reinstalled Win10, done a chkdsk /r but none of them worked. In the cmd of the repair tools (the one you access via holding down shift and clicking restart) I entered the commands:
bootrec /RebuildBcd
bootrec /FixMbr
bootrec /FixBoot
and it fixed the problem! But 4 days later I was having the same issue again.
I got the .dmp file but did not know how to share it.

andres_florio

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017

Why? I have this mobo and RAM since January. Why would it be failing now the way they are set?

It's merely a suggestion, I can't pinpoint the exact cause with a single minidump and the memory was something I noticed.

Hardware can fail in a short period, medium and long period, it's something inevitable.
The current issue is that you're running memory with 2 different brands that aren't seated in a way the motherboard supports. Different brands have different spec designs which could contribute to the problem.

andres_florio

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017

Ok. I'll remove the two Hyper Blue and leave two Corsair I got.

andres_florio

Prominent
Sep 11, 2017

It's been an hour SysnativeBSODCollection is stuck on "Waiting for SystemInfo".

"The "waiting for systeminfo" never-ending messages apparently has to do with the WERCON section of msinfo32 and affects <1% of users.

In the future, you can just kill the app and zip up the output folder per the BSOD Posting instructions."