[SOLVED] half my 20gb of ram is being used and causing my computer to constalty lag (no virus shown on windows defender, and Malwarebytes)

Aug 27, 2021
I have 20GB of ram (they are mismatched) on a prebuilt running a rx 580 Ryzen 1700 and games that i can normally run 60 fps fine on high such as dbd are running chunky and laggy as hell on low. Half my ram is being used when discord and brave(browser) are the only things open. Therese also a million server host using ram and Antimalware service executable and Malwarebytes (minimized)_ are constaley using 300MB min when both Malwarebytes and windows defender says that there is no virus idk what to do I tried restarting closing programs stop startups and i can't find anything online that seems to fix the issue.

Solution
Well in the 30 years that I've been into PCs, I've seen ram requirements go from 1MB to 16GB--that's a 16384x increase in 360 months or 45MB/mo increase (approximately 546MB/yr), and that's if you calculate the rise linearly (it's actually logarithmic). So this means if you've had the system for a few years (let's say 4), you will need 2GB more of ram just because of time and bloat. The reality is that because it's not linear, it jumps from 4 to 8, 8 to 16, and now we're moving from 16 to 32--doubling each time.
Aug 27, 2021
i have 2 6 gb sticks that came wiht my computer prebuilt acer gaming pc and an 8gb i bougth on amazon the amazon stick is a nobran aswell as the otherr and i have been using it for months and didnt make a difference but i can check and see

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
i have 2 6 gb sticks that came wiht my computer prebuilt acer gaming pc and an 8gb i bougth on amazon the amazon stick is a nobran aswell as the otherr and i have been using it for months and didnt make a difference but i can check and see

I am not familiar with any manufacturer making 6GB sticks of RAM. I can find articles that readily say they don't exist.

Mind linking us to this build?

I figure that either you are trolling, or are simply misinformed...

Aug 27, 2021
Sorry if i seem to be troller it migth be 8gb and 4gb and my pcs really old and i bougth it on sale at my local bestbuy so i dont have a link. A few years later cod warzone was being a dick and wanting more ram so i bougth more a 8 gb sticks and i now have 20 gb im trying to and its useing 50 percent of it idling il send an image on task manger but im not sure how i have a screenshot but i cant find a way to upload to the forum

Well in the 30 years that I've been into PCs, I've seen ram requirements go from 1MB to 16GB--that's a 16384x increase in 360 months or 45MB/mo increase (approximately 546MB/yr), and that's if you calculate the rise linearly (it's actually logarithmic). So this means if you've had the system for a few years (let's say 4), you will need 2GB more of ram just because of time and bloat. The reality is that because it's not linear, it jumps from 4 to 8, 8 to 16, and now we're moving from 16 to 32--doubling each time.

Solution
Sorry if i seem to be troller it migth be 8gb and 4gb and my pcs really old and i bougth it on sale at my local bestbuy so i dont have a link. A few years later cod warzone was being a dick and wanting more ram so i bougth more a 8 gb sticks and i now have 20 gb im trying to and its useing 50 percent of it idling il send an image on task manger but im not sure how i have a screenshot but i cant find a way to upload to the forum
Can you show screenshots from CPU-Z memory and spd sections?
(upload to imgur.com and post link).

20GB total ram could be achieved by:
4GB+16GB,​
4GB+8GB+8GB or​
2GB+2GB+8GB+8GB​