[SOLVED] Half of keyboard keys not working

Abdu112

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
i have an acer aspire v5-471 that has half of its keys not functioning, all number keys except 1 and 3 don't work, all the f keys do not work, and a couple of other keys, only the lower half of the keyboard works along with the letters( except i and o).
I tried opening the key caps but it does not seem that dirty, i disassembled the keyboard from the mobo and the connector pins don't seem dirty, i can't figure out the reason why only those won't work

Would appreciate any help!!!

Solution
i have an acer aspire v5-471 that has half of its keys not functioning, all number keys except 1 and 3 don't work, all the f keys do not work, and a couple of other keys, only the lower half of the keyboard works along with the letters( except i and o).
I tried opening the key caps but it does not seem that dirty, i disassembled the keyboard from the mobo and the connector pins don't seem dirty, i can't figure out the reason why only those won't work

Hi there :benetton:
I have the exact same Problem view my Thread here=https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...d-and-mouse-suddenly-stopped-working.3621954/

I'll give you some suggestions i have tried to solve this...

Bassplate

Reputable

I have the exact same Problem view my Thread here=https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...d-and-mouse-suddenly-stopped-working.3621954/

I'll give you some suggestions i have tried to solve this problem.(Yet i still haven't quite fix the problem yet.0
try changing your Keyboard Layout and language in Windows...Also uninstall the Keyboard in Device Manager and restart your computer and see if your keyboard works.
Use an USB keyboard and see if the buttons work with an other connected keyboard...If it works you then know it could not be driver related problem.
Most importantly Launch your bios setup and see if your Keyboard keys works in BIOS...If it works in BIOS you then know that the keyboard is functioning well then it could be only Windows Driver itself.
Maybe do a fresh Reinstall of Windows 10 2004 (New version) and see if it fixed the problem.
Please let me know!!

Solution

Abdu112

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019

I'll give you some suggestions i have tried to solve this problem.(Yet i still haven't quite fix the problem yet.0
try changing your Keyboard Layout and language in Windows...Also uninstall the Keyboard in Device Manager and restart your computer and see if your keyboard works.
Use an USB keyboard and see if the buttons work with an other connected keyboard...If it works you then know it could not be driver related problem.
Most importantly Launch your bios setup and see if your Keyboard keys works in BIOS...If it works in BIOS you then know that the keyboard is functioning well then it could be only Windows Driver itself.
Maybe do a fresh Reinstall of Windows 10 2004 (New version) and see if it fixed the problem.
Please let me know!!

I'll give it a try.

Thanks by the way

Bassplate

Reputable
I plugged in an external keyboard and it worked, so it probably is a mechanical issue, i will probably have to replace the whole keyboard sadly
i'm guessing the same thing...my clients Laptop Aspire 5 has the exact same issue and i have tried everything there is!!!
My last option is to send the laptop in for repairs.
You can also try to update your bios and see if that might solve the problem.

USAFRet

Titan
I had exactly the same happen last year on my old Asus Transformer T100T. 1/2 the keys died.

The poor thing was already 5 years old, and slowslowslow when it was brand new. Not worth putting any money into it...not even spending time to diagnose. It served its purpose.

Reactions: Bassplate

Bassplate

Reputable
I had exactly the same happen last year on my old Asus Transformer T100T. 1/2 the keys died.

The poor thing was already 5 years old, and slowslowslow when it was brand new. Not worth putting any money into it...not even spending time to diagnose. It served its purpose.
But why would the keys just disappear like that or stops respondig?
Not even Microsoft people could tell me an solution or even the laptop manufactures::(
Is there really nothing els we could try?